Tiffany • Are they Real? PLEASE HELP

PickinOntario

Greenie
Sep 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the chance to get both for around $100. Never bought Tiffany, are these real? Please please comment anything u think is useful, I need to know asap. Thanks everyone! (by the way, I have been stalking this forum for a solid 2 years, never really though of making an account, will post an intro in the next few days) Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473214393.129499.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473214406.029043.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473214414.996189.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it, but I'm not 100% on it??. I just saw a Tiffany heart bracelet like yours and it had a price of $75.00. I don't recall it having that T&CO donut on it though.

Thecoinpicker

Greenie
Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the chance to get both for around $100. Never bought Tiffany, are these real? Please please comment anything u think is useful, I need to know asap. Thanks everyone! (by the way, I have been stalking this forum for a solid 2 years, never really though of making an account, will post an intro in the next few days) Thanks! View attachment 1356417 View attachment 1356418 View attachment 1356419

Hi, I've bought my wife a silver Tiffany charm bracelet before and first thing I learned is that they solder all the chain links and not just squeeze the links closed. They had free resizing and we had to wait a couple weeks for them to send to their authorized jeweller to cut and soldier back the chain bracelet. Very high quality workmanship.

Cheers,
CP

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks a little suspect to me. The scale of the heart bracelet clasp seems to be wrong I would think they would be much beefier. The donut looks better. They should be very heavy and dense for their size.

OP
OP
P

PickinOntario

Greenie
Sep 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help. I think I will pass. The seller is now asking $150 for both. Too risky for the price and the drive. Thanks for your help guys!

OP
OP
P

PickinOntario

Greenie
Sep 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, these are Canadian funds, so it is really like $120 USD for both

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They don't look right to me either. The heart could be, hard to tell, but there should be a small tag by the clasp.

The doughnut was normally paired with a heart and was a bit puffy/curved on top with different lettering, not flat.

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The C on Co on the Rtn to T&Co bead necklace should be larger than the ampersand and the font looks off. Here's the link to the real one >>click me<<

The T&Co 1837 is for the 1837 collection, I own a good chunk of that collection and I've never seen it. The entire 1837 necklace collection >>click me<<. Here's a link to everything toggle >>click me<<

The chain of the bracelet looks too small and there are not enough links for a necklace. Those are about the size of the links for the necklace... The bar is off too. There should be two notches, one at each end.

Last edited:

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They don't look right to me either. The heart could be, hard to tell, but there should be a small tag by the clasp.

The doughnut was normally paired with a heart and was a bit puffy/curved on top with different lettering, not flat.

No small tag on the rtn to tiff ones, only the enameled hearts and the bow one.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would agree with the majority here and say pass on them. It's unfortunate that there are so many fakes out there. Keep up the search though. You're on the right path and you'll find something great.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And "super fakes" are called that because they are actually made of silver. Most fakes are not even silver. I came across a very heavy Tiffany address cuff bracelet for about $25 at Goodwill.i took it to Tiffany for authentication and they were about to clean and polish it until I asked her to look at it really close. The clerk has to go through the online catalog to realize the year on the inside cuff was "off". She was shocked because it was such a good fake. She said "Well, you at least have a very nice silver bracelet!".

OP
OP
P

PickinOntario

Greenie
Sep 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone for the Responses? Appreciate it a lot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions