Bracelet, earrings, pendant set - help ID stones

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I have enjoyed reading the forum for a while. It has really been a great learning experience. I need some help. I purchased this set at a garage sale recently for $10. The bag was marked Mother of Pearl. I don't think they are Mother of Pearl. Any suggestions as to the stone material? They are marked 925 on the backs of the earrings and pendant and on the clasp of the bracelet. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 200

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd agree with SCpicker. It looks like labradorite and the iridescence gives it away. Try turning the necklace in your hands and see if the stones "flash" when turned a certain way. The first time i saw labradorite in the wild was Newfoundland. The Johnson Geo Center in St. Johns has an outdoor native rock display that is really something to see. One of the largest examples there is a 2' x 2' x 10' column of dark labradorite that has been polished to a mirror finish. If you walk around the stone while looking at it, it flashes color like an opal and is a somewhat popular counter top material in Canada.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like labradorite based on striation. But compare to black backed rainbow moonstone just to be certain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread