Vintage Timex Watch Repair info

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few threads discussing my recently acquired Timex Dynabeat and its road to refurbishment. I've located a battery and unfortunately Spartcom was correct. The watch was DOA.

Is there anybody who works on these watches or could recommend somebody? Timex will most likely just replace it which defeats the purpose of a repair. Another guy in England sounded promising but unfortunately no longer works on Timex electrics.

My jeweler said it could just have new guts installed but I would like to go with somebody that has experience doing such repairs. Do any fellow TNet watch lover members have a friend that repairs these Timex watches?

Thanks for your input!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience these Timex watch are just not worth repairing. Unless this watch has some kind of sentimental value it's best just to move on and sell it as is on eBay. Even in working order they don't sell for a whole lot. To get something like this repaired it would be very costly and almost nobody works on them anymore. It's a hit and miss with these watches most of the time they won't work! If someone here knows someone who'd do it for free then go for it other than that, if you really want one buy a working one from someone reputable on eBay. Looks like this one is running but nobody knows for how long haha Mens Vintage Timex Silver Tone Electric Dynabeat Flex Band Watch Running | eBay If I were you I'd buy a working one and swap the bracelet!

As for having the movement completely replaced you'd have to get a working Timex and swap the movement but you'd have to make sure it's the same movemnt and pay a watchmaker to do it and that can still be pricey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience these Timex watch are just not worth repairing. Unless this watch has some kind of sentimental value it's best just to move on and sell it as is on eBay. Even in working order they don't sell for a whole lot. To get something like this repaired it would be very costly and almost nobody works on them anymore. It's a hit and miss with these watches most of the time they won't work! If someone here knows someone who'd do it for free then go for it other than that, if you really want one buy a working one from someone reputable on eBay. Looks like this one is running but nobody knows for how long haha Mens Vintage Timex Silver Tone Electric Dynabeat Flex Band Watch Running | eBay If I were you I'd buy a working one and swap the bracelet!

As for having the movement completely replaced you'd have to get a working Timex and swap the movement but you'd have to make sure it's the same movemnt and pay a watchmaker to do it and that can still be pricey.

Thanks! This would be the answer I was looking for. I thought the watch would have some value but I guess it was all in the silver bracelet links. I'll just sell them as a pair and movement separately.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot about one thing if it's not too late! Put the battery back in the watch and close it, then take the watch and hit it across the palm of your hand, relatively hard a few times and see if it starts running. These watches have a balance wheel in them and just putting the battery in won't work, you need to get it moving!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread