Eskimo Fan and my largest silver stem ever

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a community sale in a very wealthy town and had very high expectations. First sale had a good amount of sterling jewelry for a very reasonable price. After that it went down hill fast. There also was not as many sales as it showed on the map.

The last sale was at this very expensive house. There was some jewelry but she wanted $3 for a small silver ring. The box below was there. I picked it up, saw no mark. It felt too heavy, but looked good. Tarnished, but not plated-type tarnishing. She wanted $10 and was not flexible on the price so I put it down. I asked about it again and she said it was very the middle east. Took a chance and it turned out to be 938g of silver. I was not expecting that. Really excited about the amount, but the piece itself is very tacky.

IMG_20160917_134642.jpg

Picked up the McGraw Edison Eskimo walk mount fan along the way to. Cord is clean and it works.

IMG_20160917_141636.jpg IMG_20160917_141720.jpg

thanks for looking

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll give you 20 bucks for the cheap fake box....

hehehe well done !!!!!!!!!!!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
List the box on Ebay for 2x silver. If you get a bite, Great. If not, melt her down! There are people who LOVE tacky stuff.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get a professional opinion on the box?

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Dejapooh....Yes, going to try to sell as is as opposed to scrap.

@Jim Don....I did not take it to anyone yet. I tested three different spots, dug deep, and used 18K and silver acid. I'm pretty confident it is good. Also, looks like it may be better than sterling. Why do you ask?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions