Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Royal Aristocrat (left ) I got at a barn sale . It was under a bench the case was all covered with spider webs - clinging to the webs was mouse poop . I brought it out to the lady and asked "how much " She said "WHAT IS IT , THAT'S DISGUSTING " I told her it's a typewriter . She said ''How about a dollar - just get it out of here !'' The case cleaned up good . The typewriter is minty .

The red one was more expensive . Nice clean garage , It was marked $15 - I offered $10 - price accepted . Beautiful typewriter from the 30's

Attachments

• 2 TYPEWRITERS 001.jpg
    2 TYPEWRITERS 001.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 2 TYPEWRITERS 002.jpg
    2 TYPEWRITERS 002.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 2 TYPEWRITERS 003.jpg
    2 TYPEWRITERS 003.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 2 TYPEWRITERS 004.jpg
    2 TYPEWRITERS 004.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Great buys! My wife has one a bit older than the red one, but very similar. Unfortunately, we never see typewriter cases up in this area. The wif is very proud of her typewriter, but her "real" treasures are with her antique sewing machine collection. We even have a Made in Occupied Japan sewing machine, which is the only one we have yet been able to find. Have checked with sewing machine collectors and with Occupied Japan collectors, but nobody else seems to have heard of any. Unfortunately, it's still not worth much. ...At least not right now. But some day I suspect it'll be worth a bundle. Same with the typewriters - especially those with original cases, like you have. :thumbsup:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That red Model O is a great find! I bought a Royal Model O in black a few years ago on a whim. It was my first typewriter purchase and i really hemmed and hawed over it before finally buying it. It was in the case with service records, dust brush, instructions and mint, just like yours. I think i paid $10-20.00 for it and sold for a bundle. I've never seen a red version and can't find any on ebay either. You scored big.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, Mojjax. Will you use them or sell?
I plan to sell them . I sold a black model O a few years ago for $115.00 , the guy needed it fast for a "Shoot" so he paid another $85.00 for Express Shipping - it went to Studio City , Ca .

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool but do they still make the ribbons?

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to sell them . I sold a black model O a few years ago for $115.00 , the guy needed it fast for a "Shoot" so he paid another $85.00 for Express Shipping - it went to Studio City , Ca .

I think the one that I sold was actually serviced in studio city. I live about 15 miles west of there. There are plenty of young people, in that exact city, who would love to purchase your typewriters

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold another Royal about 10 years ago to a guy in China , I paid $10 - he paid $105.00 + shipping to China , which was $79.00 .

I looked him up on facebook and he had a shop that sold " MID CENTURY MODERN AMERICAN STUFF " I'm sure he made a good profit - So did I :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! Old typewriters make wonderful conversational pieces, especially to the younger generation.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds! Old typewriters make wonderful conversational pieces, especially to the younger generation.

What's sad is how many kids that don't even know what they are. ...But then I've seen kids that didn't know what a cassette tape was, either! :BangHead:

Yes, some of those old typewriters can be shined up beautifully - enough so that they make a great display piece. ...Although they DO tend to collect an awful lot of dust in an awful lot of nooks and crannies!!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's sad is how many kids that don't even know what they are. ...But then I've seen kids that didn't know what a cassette tape was, either! :BangHead:

Yes, some of those old typewriters can be shined up beautifully - enough so that they make a great display piece. ...Although they DO tend to collect an awful lot of dust in an awful lot of nooks and crannies!!
I still have them . Thanksgiving is coming , and I plan to have the Royal out for the (little ones) Their ages are 5 - 42 . Could be funny .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions