Huge Reloading Equipment Haul. Anybody Shoot Oddball Cartridges?

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was so busy on Saturday afternoon that I never had time to actually post any pictures of my morning finds.

A friend sent me to a private sale that had lots of reloading gear and other great stuff. My haul was pretty extensive and included great stuff like odd sized brass, gunsmith tools, S&W/Colt revolver grips, reloading accessories, bullet molds, loading dies, archery tools, broad heads, black powder rifle barrels, loose ammo and much more. I've only got one picture at the moment and that's not even all of it

Aside from gunbroker, does anybody know of a way to sell brass for reloading? I've been able to get a few overnight auctions past eBay but they will always pull them down if found. Some of the brass I've got are for lever actions or oddball guns. Some size examples are 40-65, 45-70, 45-90, .338 lapua magnum, 30-40 krag and others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 194

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that's nice! Armslist.com is a good place to sell. If I see right that that says rifle colorado go to armslist and go denver or foco. The springs have a nice group there too but not nearly as big as denver and foco

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did good, real good. A lot of that you can sell on ebay, the dies and other reloading equipment and the molds. What caliber are the molds, by the way?...d2

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What types of barrels? Also, any 577/450 Martini-Henry stuff? Or 577 snider? Minie-ball molds would also be a good seller.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
38 S&W dies would be nice , sweet score

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dies are pretty much matching the brass I purchased. The only thing that is close to normal is a set of .41 but I'm keeping those for my Colt revolver.

No Martini Henry stuff. I wish there was. Ever since I read Peter Capsticks series of books I've been on the lookout for one but had no luck.

The blackpowder barrel was a Lyman Great Plains .54 I wasn't sure if it was finished in brown or just rusty so it might bea cold bluing practice candidate.

The lead mold dies are dual cavity, all .308 caliber but I don't remember the grain #. Somewhere under 200.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that's nice! Armslist.com is a good place to sell. If I see right that that says rifle colorado go to armslist and go denver or foco. The springs have a nice group there too but not nearly as big as denver and foco

Good eye! That's exactly what the hat says. What's Foco? Fort Collins? I've never actually sold on armslist but that's because I thought it was a parody site with all of those great ads on there.

Does that Rifle Colorado hat mean something to you? I have seem other members on here sell vintage hats and figured that one might be a good one so I picked it up. The internet didn't pull up anything and I figured it was just something the guy picked up at some outfitter when in state.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foco is Fort Collins. Armslist is very active in these areas. I don't know anything about the hat. Just peaked my eye because I live in between Denver and Fort Collins

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what type of tools for gunsmithing ya have ?

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have four of the Martini-Henry rifles, but the ammo is nearly impossible to find! I know you can resize 24ga brass shotshells, but I'm not set up for anything like that right now... Killer score, ya done good!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
How much 45-70 brass you got, and what do you want for it?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
There are facebook groups for reloading and that sort of thing. I belong to a local group here in Tennessee. Just be aware that while all of your stuff would be allowed, facebook has banned any sales of modern guns.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are facebook groups for reloading and that sort of thing. I belong to a local group here in Tennessee. Just be aware that while all of your stuff would be allowed, facebook has banned any sales of modern guns.

No facebook here. I'm one of the few young people around that didn't fall for that time wasting trap. My girlfriend likes to check it out and it annoys the hell out of me but oh well. If shes happy, i'm still breathing.

I think i might just go the gun broker route. I'm pretty sure my account is still active and plenty of people are looking for that stuff on there.

Last edited:

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm down here in Grand Junction and might be interested in any ar parts ya have. Also the local craigslist is good around here for that kind of stuff. Lots of odd ball caliber rifles and long range shooters out here.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A gunshop that deals in old and obsolete ammo might buy it , or barter something along your interests for it too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, member is not a charter member so no sells here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions