Score of my life!!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few garage sales while heading to see fit on Sunday day. Wasn't having any luck other then a tool box for the car. So decided to hit a pretty junky flea market which turned up nothing as everyone was leaving at 10:30 am lol. So while leaving seen a huge signfor a garage sale with tools man stuff things I like. So got there and look around and don't see anything I couldn't live without. When out of the corner of my eye I seen 1 lone Nintendo nes game among a bunch of loose boxes and ps1 games. I really thought it was older computer game boxes as every garage sale that has a kid in their 30's have Ton's of old computer stuff. But no it was a under bed storage tote full of mint boxed nes games!!!! I couldn't believe it, my holy grail! So I tried to hide my excitement and asked the guy if they were for sale, he said no so I asked if I could leave my number for when they are. Next thing I know I blurt out "I'll give you $250 for it all".

Now that was unseen just what I could see on the top which was all unknown name games to me. Well he gets up.and we start going through it and the vultures be out. 5 guys looking and kicking for position so I make my move. "I'll do the number I said if your willing"

"Gotta talk to the wife" he says

My heart sank, the words of death so many times for me. So I go tell my wife about it while he talks to his. And crying, shaking I'm so freaking happy. Heck telling this is getting me going. Only the 2nd time I've cried in 12 years with my wife. It was like being 8 years old getting a nes for Christmas.

Lol anyways I go back up and he says yes!!! I about jumped in the air, but wait I only have $60 on me lol. So I put that as a deposit drive 1 hour and 40 minutes home get more monry and head back. Well anyways here's the Money shot fellow geeks and treasure chasers. $900 bucks in video games for $250 bucks! Best score I've ever had. Plus the beginning of summer I scored another huge lot off Craigslist for a insanely low price. What a way to end the summer hunting season.

Attachments

• IMG_20161010_124045440.jpg
    IMG_20161010_124045440.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 305

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
250 more than i would have paid for any of that stuff but if your into that so be it

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are happy! :occasion14:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see your excitement in your writing so for that score Congrats! I would have passed them up so that shows that everyone has differences of expertise.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. Good price. And goes to show everything has it price.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a game person but I can certainly appreciate a great deal and a great story that goes with it!! Great job!

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this had you shaking, the NES score I made over the summer would have had you in the ER. lol ($40 for maybe three times what you have there) Including Bubble Bobble Part 2!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job working an angle for something you really like. Good luck on the flip!

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. Between River City Ransom and Shatterhand alone you could nearly make your money back.

Jealousy from one vintage game fan to another!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I added a good amount of the games up and got to around $565 couldn't read a couple from the pic. That Shatterhand game is quite valuable, the best one of the lot. Nice score!

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My nephew still creates games for the NES. Some of them quite collectible. I see this one recently sold for a nice sum:
Ultimate Frogger Champion Lady Frog Edition NES | eBay

That's awesome! As a retro collector, I've also gotten into the homebrew scene and have purchased several, mainly for the Intellivision. Really cool to see a new game released for my old systems! If he's ever on AtariAge (a retro gamer site), tell him to shoot me a message hello (same user name, Fushek).

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! As a retro collector, I've also gotten into the homebrew scene and have purchased several, mainly for the Intellivision. Really cool to see a new game released for my old systems! If he's ever on AtariAge (a retro gamer site), tell him to shoot me a message hello (same user name, Fushek).

His first game was Ultimate Frogger Champion, it was basically Frogger for the NES with a few upgrades. He also ported Leisure Suit Larry, and E.T. as well as some original games like The Incident and Study Hall. His user name on NintendoAge is KHAN Games, same name on Facebook.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread