A bit of help from the watch pros please!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a local church sale event yesterday and I bought these little beauties for .50 cents each! Two small pocket knives, a charm bracelet with a few sterling charms. ( the bracelet is marked sterling but is magnetic all throughout the links). Two vintage ladies watches. One is a Bulova with a 6AF movement circa 1925. This one doesn't seem to run. And the piece de resistance: a vintage Tresura 17 jewel watch. Made by Trifari in RI for Arlene Francis in the 1950's. This is in beautiful condition and runs well!! The top heart portion with stones is not marked but does test positive as sterling. The stones test positive as diamonds as well! Just trying to find out more on the value on this one. I've found a couple of websites as reference but nothing terribly concrete for an actual value. It's a really nice piece and I'm hoping that you watch pros can shed a little light on this one. Thanks for your time!! [emoji12]. No pun intended!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243317.555627.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243331.680099.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243343.054174.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243355.267074.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, Captain. I found this info at the bottom of a rather amusing back-and-forth exchange between a client and appraiser on the justanswer website:

"Sold Date: 04/22/2007
Channel: Online Auction Category: Jewelry Sold for: 425.00

Fresh from Estate we are offering this Great 1950's Arlene Francis Tresura Jewelry Lot. ARLENE FRANCIS - In the 1950s Arlene Francis wore a heart-shaped necklace encrusted with sparkling diamonds on a chain about her neck. It was given to her by movie executive husband (her second), Martin Gabel on their first wedding anniversary. Francis felt the necklace brought her good luck.

The trademark necklace spawned a diamond-heart jewelry craze in the 1950s. Ms. Francis was a regular panelist on WHAT'S MY LINE as well as the host her own program HOME SHOW from March 1, 1954, to August 9, 1957. It was followed by a half-hour mid-morning program, THE ARLENE FRANCIS SHOW from August 12, 1957, to February 21, 1958. In 1960 she began "The Arlene Francis Show," a daily interview program on WOR radio in New York. It lasted for 23 years. "TRESURA" was her own line made right in Rhode Island in the 1950's.

This lot includes 1 necklace, 2 sets of earings & 2 watches (watch is 17 jewels) All items are New old Stock Fresh from Estate of owner of company that made them in the 1950's."

I'm afraid that doesn't tell you much that you don't already know. At any rate, the webpage is viewable at this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/66w2f-ra-ce.html

Interestingly, the owner and the appraiser at first seem to agree that the watch is a Trifari piece, then immediately dispute the watches origin as being Trifari.

Best of luck finding more info!

Last edited:
OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, Captain. I found this info at the bottom of a rather amusing back-and-forth exchange between a client and appraiser on the justanswer website:

"Sold Date: 04/22/2007
Channel: Online Auction Category: Jewelry Sold for: 425.00

Fresh from Estate we are offering this Great 1950's Arlene Francis Tresura Jewelry Lot. ARLENE FRANCIS - In the 1950s Arlene Francis wore a heart-shaped necklace encrusted with sparkling diamonds on a chain about her neck. It was given to her by movie executive husband (her second), Martin Gabel on their first wedding anniversary. Francis felt the necklace brought her good luck.

The trademark necklace spawned a diamond-heart jewelry craze in the 1950s. Ms. Francis was a regular panelist on WHAT'S MY LINE as well as the host her own program HOME SHOW from March 1, 1954, to August 9, 1957. It was followed by a half-hour mid-morning program, THE ARLENE FRANCIS SHOW from August 12, 1957, to February 21, 1958. In 1960 she began "The Arlene Francis Show," a daily interview program on WOR radio in New York. It lasted for 23 years. "TRESURA" was her own line made right in Rhode Island in the 1950's.

This lot includes 1 necklace, 2 sets of earings & 2 watches (watch is 17 jewels) All items are New old Stock Fresh from Estate of owner of company that made them in the 1950's."

I'm afraid that doesn't tell you much that you don't already know. At any rate, the webpage is viewable at this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/66w2f-ra-ce.html

Interestingly, the owner and the appraiser at first seem to agree that the watch is a Trifari piece, then immediately dispute the watches origin as being Trifari.

Best of luck finding more info!

Thanks SD!! I found the same site last night. I also found one older forum that the appraiser said a watch was valued at $450-500 at an antique retail shop setting. It's definitely worth more than the
.50 cents I paid!

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also forgot to mention this cute little fella. Sterling mouse brooch. Another.50 cent purchase!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477253384.944043.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread