NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14kt Gold & Diamond Buttons and Tissot & Seiko Moon Phase

I hit an estate sale and was #22 in line. I heard a couple talking in line about the watches and jewelry in the photo advertising the sale. They had me by 10 but when I got in I turned towards the kitchen and saw the jewelry on the kitchen island. They had turned into the living room where the tables were set up. Mistake on them. Not much there but quickly picked this Seiko Quartz moon phase watch for $10 and this box of 4 14kt gold and diamond buttons for $4. The diamonds tested real and are about .075 carat each. I think I got my mojo back! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477594294.009073.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477594314.837588.jpg
I then hit a pawn shop and picked up this Tissot Ballade Automatic 25 jewel watch for $75. It should be worth double that but me likey so me keepy. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477594492.260690.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477594509.001331.jpg

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great stuff JD, gold and watches are 2 of my favorite things

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I had that very Tissot watch once. I dropped it and the back crystal shattered and I ended up selling it as is on ebay, because some pieces of the crystal got into the movement. Your post reminded me of a sad day I once had :(

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I had that very Tissot watch once. I dropped it and the back crystal shattered and I ended up selling it as is on ebay, because some pieces of the crystal got into the movement. Your post reminded me of a sad day I once had :(

That is a sad story for sure. I have to say I am in love with every aspect of this watch. I haven't taken it off since getting it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sad story for sure. I have to say I am in love with every aspect of this watch. I haven't taken it off since getting it.
indeed those sapphire crystals are extremely scratch resistant, but not so impact resistant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread