Great day for silver

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up some nice pieces at well below melt from a small local flea market that's open Weds-Sun. Paid $10 for the Silpada "21 Bangle Salute" bracelet (90 grams) and 30 for three sterling goblets, one by Towle & two from Peru. Did pretty well @ $40 for just over 400 grams of sterling.

20161111_143026.jpg 20161111_142952.jpg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silpada good for 30-50 on the resale market no doubt, so the silver goblets are just cheddar!! Way to go!!

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the Silpada is retired and should go for $150-200 on eBay depending on the size! And it looks brand new. I may sell the goblets to my coin shop guys for a quick cash flip, haven't decided yet. Also the guys I bought the goblets from were talking about how they have 9 storage units to go through so we exchanged info and they may be "hiring" me temporarily to help out since I know so much about so many things lol.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Deal!! But do you really want to reveal your knowledge when you could get Mucho Dinero on resale items?

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to draw a line for myself somewhere if an opportunity comes up that I think I could benefit from, you know? I can work with someone for a set hourly rate + sales perks while being open with them about what their stuff is worth, or I can just try and make as much money off of them as possible, but I can't do both IMO. And there's no guarantee that I'll run into them again at that flea market or anywhere else. I'm just at a point in my life where if I can gain some stability and upward mobility by finding a business partner of some sort I probably should.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the Silpada is retired and should go for $150-200 on eBay depending on the size! And it looks brand new. I may sell the goblets to my coin shop guys for a quick cash flip, haven't decided yet. Also the guys I bought the goblets from were talking about how they have 9 storage units to go through so we exchanged info and they may be "hiring" me temporarily to help out since I know so much about so many things lol.

Yep, you're exactly right. Didn't realize it was a tough one to find, good call! But it's all retired, as far as I know. Silpada has been off the market for some time, but it's about to get a face-lift from new ownership.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions