Garage sale addicts... what do you hoard?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoard, save, collect, put on your wall for no one or everyone to see. When you go out on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or the thrift store throughout the week, what's the things you don't ever part with. What's your addiction?

For me it was coins. I loved them I couldn't get enough. Then the recession hit... prices shot through the roof. I've read the gloom and doom stories of how everything was coming to an end so I bought more... today's spot price... $16.75. Blah! I'm 36 so I never got to experience the older days because I collected stupid baseball cards.

I do have a standing liberty quarter collection left I'm not willing to sell. And for the 1916 I have the gold piece that came out this year.

Tried watches, I have probably 10 really nice ones but only wear 1.

Now I just keep cheap gold. Being pieces that I only pay a couple dollars for. A piece at a yard sale or a junk bag at a thrift store. I figure when my kids become teenagers I can scrap a ring to pay for groceries for the next three days.

There's my story. Now I want to see some awesome collections that you all have because I know you do!!!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watches, watches, and watches. Something about them is so intriguing to me just the technology that went into an old watch is so interesting. Also, they last a lifetime and more and you can always wear them out and show them off where as if you collected coins or something you can't really wear them out lol? I'm also collecting vintage clothing as all the stuff made today is inferior to a nice overcoat from the 50s or something that will also last a lifetime. I also have my fair share of coins since I coin roll hunted and still do on and off. Comic books are fun too but only vintage ones newer one today are cheap as heck. Vintage shoes that fit me always get me lol. I vow never to let me collection to become too wild and I'd become a "hoarder" haha

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently caught the watch bug too. And I like to hoard antique/vintage gold and silver.
I do go through many phases :) also like militaria, and vintage movie posters.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My collections tend to change like the weather but i have quite a few "repositories" that i will add to whenever i find something good. So far its been: Coins, gillette safety razors, pocket watches, bench vises, Plomb tools, sterling/gold, artwork and unique, one off items.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than gold and silver, I have too much to hoard. Everything I own is for sale and has a price including the pm's.

Or maybe that's just my way of denying that I'm a hoarder, lol.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on about not being able to wear the coin out in public! It's probably why I got bored with it. Spend money put away not see it again. I mean the ones that are there can stay there but I don't have the urge to add to them. I do like to buy a watch once in a while though. I bought some Hamiltons yesterday gold filled but I think I'm going to sell them I really don't like the square shape of them.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't collect anything. But I have tons of LEGOs. Started buying them when they were a hot item. Now they are cold but still have to buy them when I find them at the right price. What ohhh OK that fall under the OCD forum.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hoard fans

Attachments

• 20 fans 003.jpg
    20 fans 003.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'll add one more to the silver Hoard. I just bought a bag of coins at the thrift store for $2.50.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479825689.864815.jpg

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Right on about not being able to wear the coin out in public! It's probably why I got bored with it. Spend money put away not see it again. I mean the ones that are there can stay there but I don't have the urge to add to them. I do like to buy a watch once in a while though. I bought some Hamiltons yesterday gold filled but I think I'm going to sell them I really don't like the square shape of them.

Square Hamiltons you want to sell??!!! Good God, man: post pics or send me a pm like yesterday!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hoard fans

I want a brass blade GE so bad. My dad worked for them for 50 years. I've never seen one even for sale down here. Maybe one day! I love how they look. The one I have now is one of my favorite purchases ever. I love how it looks.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Square Hamiltons you want to sell??!!! Good God, man: post pics or send me a pm like yesterday!!

Waiting on A reply from my watch guy. He said something about the name brands on the cases some of them are worth more. The first one is 10k gold filled not working. I think the stem is broken the case is Wadsworth? Has a date engraved on the back of 1936 with a name.

View attachment 1384163

This one is superclean. It does have a name engraved on the back of it. The face is spotless. The crystals spotless 14 K gold filled case I like the band I don't know kind starting to like it.

View attachment 1384164

The last one I'm sure the ladies judging by the band that's on it and the design. 18 K gold filled the name brand is Rose. Initials on the back of it but I'm not sure if that's part of the company or not. This one does work.

View attachment 1384165
View attachment 1384167

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it all has a price. But I do own a lot of video games. I play them all the time.:icon_king:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know why, but I always buy marbles and not even a collector...

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it's early coin silver and early pewter. Also anything from 17th- early mid 19th century. Antique kitchen utensils too! My wife jokingly asked me one time: " how many coin spoons do you need?" I responded: " All of them!" [emoji38]. I also have a thing for early chairs. I also try to pick up early antique that are not quite perfect and may need a bit of repair and people just pass them up! I feel the need to buy (rescue) them and fix them up a bit and resell. Or just keep them! [emoji12]. Here's an example: nice Empire game table circa 1805- 1820 I bought at an auction for $5.00! Did a repair to the one leg that was completely broken off and now have a nice solid antique table. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479835819.484903.jpg

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Waiting on A reply from my watch guy. He said something about the name brands on the cases some of them are worth more. The first one is 10k gold filled not working. I think the stem is broken the case is Wadsworth? Has a date engraved on the back of 1936 with a name.

View attachment 1384163

This one is superclean. It does have a name engraved on the back of it. The face is spotless. The crystals spotless 14 K gold filled case I like the band I don't know kind starting to like it.

View attachment 1384164

The last one I'm sure the ladies judging by the band that's on it and the design. 18 K gold filled the name brand is Rose. Initials on the back of it but I'm not sure if that's part of the company or not. This one does work.

View attachment 1384165
View attachment 1384167

They all come up: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beer taps! Easier to find at flea markets though...
At one time I had 100 or so, Ebay took care of that..... now I try to keep the display "stocked"

DSCN1349.JPG

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gone after tons of different things in the past. From comic books to video games to sports cards. I got rid of most of what I had and now just get things that strike my fancy. Such as my last purchase on Saturday of some non-issued military medals from a flea market. I got 7 medals, 6 of which came with their original boxes for $27. If I keep things cheap like that, I can usually pick up things that I like. I still have to clean out every now and then to make room.

Medal1.jpg Medal2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions