Anyone find vintage Levi's?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys as I have started collecting vintage clothing (mainly stuff I can wear) I have always seen vintage Levi stuff go for big money. Specifically the big E variety. I have always wanted to find something like this but it's very hard as many have been snatched up already and also because I don't really like sifting through used pants at the thrift haha!! Quite gross actually, especially since they don't wash them.... But have any of you found anything like this? Or maybe even just another piece of vintage clothing that can fetch big bucks? Most clothing goes for very little hence why I only buy stuff that fits me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found any really old Levi's. I did sell a pair from the 1980's once for $30 or so.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Old concert t-shirts are a good bargain if you can find them. I sold the "Traffic" shirt that I sold for $50 if I remember correctly. Here's the thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/425791-vintage-rock-roll-concert-t-shirts.html

Speaking of traffic and shirts, I found a bunch of Fl. turnpike tollbooth operator shirts that sold for $30 (w/free ship.) a pop last year. They look like this-

$_1.JPG

I have several vintage jackets that I haven't sold yet but I think they will do well. A couple examples-

attachment.php
attachment.php

Corvette club jacket Northeast Airlines mechanic jacket

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know anything about the pants. I will check into that. I've done well with vintage satin jackets. The button up ones. Like 1980s era. I had a blue Adidas one with a large white patch on the back with red trim sold for $400. I think it was $1.99 at the thrift store. Boston Red Sox one for around 50. Chicago White Sox one for over 100 because some rapper used to wear back in the day. And All-Star basketball one for 80. That's about the only vintage clothing I mess with. Because are usually cheap but I have found a lot of them that would've been really decent but they start to shred on the arms and the elbows. And a lot of them smell like smoke as well so I avoid them also.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I look for vintage Levis but haven't found any. I have had good luck with vintage bowling shirts & Hawaiian shirts.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look for vintage Levis but haven't found any. I have had good luck with vintage bowling shirts & Hawaiian shirts.

Yes, vintage aloha shirts do well. Jerseys and Harley Davidson gear also sell for decent profits.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great pair of button fly new with tags. Put them on eBay and a smooth talker had me end the auction and realist them at a buy it now price. I grew up with button flys and thought I was getting a good deal. Oops.
Have you ever looked up the old early blue jeans? Some of the shreds and tatters sell for big bucks. I'm hoping some will turn up around here with all the old mining.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 80% of my re-selling business is Vintage clothing. Vintage Levis jeans are quite hard to find, simply because they were made for work and almost all of the people who bought them in the 50's wore them until they were rags and then used them to patch other jeans, or just threw them away. Even now, if someone finds a box of grandpa's tattered jeans in a box in the garage it will probably get tossed, even though they might be worth $200+ a pair. If you don't feel up for rooting through thrift store or garage sale pants, then vintage stores or ebay/etsy would be your best bet.

A good compromise if you want to wear old denim but not break the bank is jeans from the 80's. they can be found fairly easily, are still made of real denim, were made in the USA, and can be found in good cuts. I have pairs of Wranglers and Lees from the 80's that I wear at least once a week (I don't really like the cut of the most common levis). Plus they fade very nicely, they get the natural distress that most companies try to fake nowadays.

The classic big money stuff is any early denim, wrangler/lee/levis/obscure brands (I have Big E jackets, a 1950's Lee jacket, etc that I've found), Concert shirts (my best find is a perfect 1984 grateful dead tour shirt), old sports stuff, and the list goes on. If you ever buy something and would like help putting a value on it or dating it feel free to send me a message.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread