Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all out there! I hope everyone has a good day today and can find something to be thankful for!

I'm thankful for the fact I get to stay up until 3 AM to cook this huge turkey that I thought I was getting an awesome deal on!! (spend $30, get any size turkey for six dollars !) that's a pickers dream!! I didn't realize I needed eight hours to cook it to be ready by 12 o'clock for lunch! But to be honest I took a 4 hour nap today because I knew I'd be up late, then at noon time I stuff myself full of turkey and fall sleep on the couch because that is what is expected. In my book that's a win-win!!

Thank you all for the help on this site I hope there are many more years to come. Have a wonderful day! 🦃🦃

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanksgiving.gif

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure these are related to turkeys...

I am gonna tell everyone its a mini turkey... OR that I don't know what happened... it shrunk :P

Limit... One slice :)

MapleChiliRotisserieChicken-2.jpg

Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you BK and to all of my fellow treasure hunters!! 🦃🍽[emoji490]

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Justin, Happy Thanksgiving to you and family...
Once I'm back to feeling normal with my neck/nerve pain, we will hook up...
Figure it would be amusing to pull some crap out of the river with our magnets...
I'll have a rig set up for you too.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Justin, Happy Thanksgiving to you and family...
Once I'm back to feeling normal with my neck/nerve pain, we will hook up...
Figure it would be amusing to pull some crap out of the river with our magnets...
I'll have a rig set up for you too.

Thanks, sounds good! With my luck it'll get stuck on something and I'll break all of them. At least that's what happens every time I go fishing. But I hope you feel better!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach- I bought one of those $6 Winn Dixie turkeys too. Package says giblets included, guess what, no giblets inside only the neck! Now how am I supposed to make giblet gravy with no giblets? Not to mention my stuffing mix! :icon_scratch: Damn it man, arrgghh! :laughing7:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :occasion14:

ps- Waiting to watch the Redskins break Dallas' loosing streak later today! Go Skins!

6fbddf4ad1f1e96a0f7b93bb704411b2.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How crazy is that....
My wife was saying the same exact thing, no giblets, only the neck....
Just as I was reading this post.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHAT? You do that too? I thought I was the only one. Ever get anything worth keeping?
Nothing here, just: fish hooks, tableware, pliers and trash. I did it till my 200 lb pull magnet got caught on something underwater and I had to cut my line. ;(

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I did it till my 200 lb pull magnet got caught on something underwater and I had to cut my line. ;(

Thanks for saying that as I'd been considering on trying it myself. But in my figuring I was thinking I'd likely lose the magnet!

I'll still consider trying it myself, but I wonder just what I expect to pull out of that water?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach- I bought one of those $6 Winn Dixie turkeys too. Package says giblets included, guess what, no giblets inside only the neck! Now how am I supposed to make giblet gravy with no giblets? Not to mention my stuffing mix! :icon_scratch: Damn it man, arrgghh! :laughing7:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :occasion14:

ps- Waiting to watch the Redskins break Dallas' loosing streak later today! Go Skins!

6fbddf4ad1f1e96a0f7b93bb704411b2.jpg

My daughter is 10. I pulled out the neck. She goes ewwww! It's the turkeys pe... WAIT!!! U say it your in your room! It's the neck! The NECK!!! Why do you know what your about to say???

It was A good turkey but it didn't seem to cook the same ways others have in the past. My kids wanted a butterball. Will get that next time. It's only like $30. That's like some $5 dollar item at a yard sale

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for the Skins winning. :icon_scratch: Dallas will be going to the Superbowl if they keep it up, sad as that is to say.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT? You do that too? I thought I was the only one. Ever get anything worth keeping?
Nothing here, just: fish hooks, tableware, pliers and trash. I did it till my 200 lb pull magnet got caught on something underwater and I had to cut my line. ;(

I dabble in the hobby...need to get my rope wet again soon, now that the weather is nice...
Check out the new Magnet Fishing Forum here on Tnet!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
th (31).jpeg Ha..Ha....You Lost

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll still consider trying it myself, but I wonder just what I expect to pull out of that water?
one thing to remember gold and silver is not magnetic. But fish hooks, some spinning reels, some tackle boxes, bicycles, guns, knives, dead bodies (steel belt buckle) are magnetic.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for the Skins winning. :icon_scratch: Dallas will be going to the Superbowl if they keep it up, sad as that is to say.

It's hard to even hate on 'boys this season. None of them getting arrested, no Romo tweaking his vagina... Maybe next season :)

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing to remember gold and silver is not magnetic. But fish hooks, some spinning reels, some tackle boxes, bicycles, guns, knives, dead bodies (steel belt buckle) are magnetic.

It's funny you mention dead bodies. True story here : Years ago, like 1950's- 60's. my father in law went fishing with a few buddies on a small charter boat out in the Long Island sound one day. Their catch: a dead body of a man!! I kid you not!! They were creeped out and the captain called it in to the coast guard and they instructed them to return to shore ASAP! You never know what you'll pull out of the water. [emoji43]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread