Silver find of 2016- Unique unsure pieces- Help Appreciated- Thanks!!!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I know it's been a while, I've been busy with work and school these past few months. This year I decided to save all my silver from garage sales/ swap meet/ etc and sell it at the end of the year. Well the time has come for me to unload my silver for the year. Here are a few pieces that I found extremely unique and unusual and that I could not identify by myself. I will give you the background I have on the pieces along with what I paid and my perspective on the pieces. Hope you enjoy, any any tips or guidance are always appreciated, as after my hours of research, I am still stumped. Here they are:

1. I bought a large gallon bag of costume jewelry at a church sale for $10, few little gold pieces and silver pieces. Pulled this frog pendant/ brooch out as is looks very unique, and I have no idea what I would list it as. It looks familiar, I just can't place my finger on it...
12 (427).JPG
12 (428).JPG

2. This is ring that is stamped 925, and has a hallmark like a flower. Is anyone familiar with this hallmark? I believe it is a retro ring with smoky quartz. I just have a feeling this ring is something special. Paid $2 at a local swap meet.
12 (452).JPG
12 (454).JPG
12 (459).JPG

3. Malachite sterling ring. Bought from the same guy I got the ring above from. $2 at the swap meet. Stamped Sterling CH. I originally thought it was Mexican, then I thought maybe southwestern/ native. Really have no idea on this piece.
12 (447).JPG
12 (448).JPG
12 (451).JPG

4. This silver piece was bought at a garage sale a few months ago for $0.50, the main stone is a blue sapphire with a few real diamonds around it. It is sterling silver. It is stamped 925 JJ with one of the J's upside down. I originally thought it was a Judith Jack piece, but the stamp is different. Does anyone know of this JJ stamp?
12 (481).JPG
12 (482).JPG
12 (486).JPG

5/6. The next 2 pendant were bought at the begining of the year for $5 a piece at a garage sale. I had a good feeling about them. I have no idea what the red stone is, I think it is a ruby or pink sapphire or topaz. The diamond are real. The stamp is 925 P (star) M on both of them. I haven't been able to find anything about this stamp out there.
12 (488).JPG
12 (496).JPG
12 (498).JPG
12 (502).JPG

7. Next up is Byzantine chain with a unique stamp that kind of resembles the stamp from the ring in item 2. I bought this at the swap meet for $4. It is a very nice piece that makes me feel it is worth more than scrap.
12 (475).JPG
12 (478).JPG
12 (479).JPG
12 (480).JPG

8. Here I got this in a bag of junk at the swap meet. It was the only thing interesting in the bag. It has pink beads with sterling ends. I can't make out the stamps, but the piece feels unique and different. No idea what I should make the title.
12 (470).JPG
12 (473).JPG
12 (474).JPG

9. Last piece I bought on craigslist for $15. It is a very unique piece made by Frank Meisler. The backing can be removed to show a scroll within the pendant. Solid sterling. Unsure what something as unique as this would go for.
12 (438).JPG
12 (443).JPG
12 (445).JPG
12 (446).JPG

These are the last few things I have and any help is greatly appreciate. I love learning about this stuff and hope I can reciprocate the generosity one day. Happy thanksgiving and happy hunting!

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Photos! Do you photoshop or are you just really good at white balancing your photos?

I use a Nikon 5200 with a 40mm lens on a stack of 5-10 white pieces of standard printer paper.
Thanks!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of Michigan J. Frog
WBLWB1014.gif
Warner brothers

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
#9 is a mesuza. The scroll is a piece of the torah, it is worn by Jews. It is a pretty common Bar Mitzva gift. Not sure of its value. I can't imagine someone selling one or buying one used as a gift. That would be pretty tacky.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring with malachite is marked CB not CH I'm pretty sure. Native American. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480478996.292324.jpg

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver work around ring #2 looks Tibetan, and the #3 malachite ring appears Southwestern in style with a bow to Navajo construction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread