Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a co worker tell me to look at the completed listings on Disney VHS tapes.

Are you kidding me!!!!! $50000 for a beauty and the beast.

Take a look

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480516992.395174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480517004.983101.jpg

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah, crazy! I just saw the Black Diamond Beauty and the beast on Amazon for 900 bucks, buy it there, sell it here I guess!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
FWIW - I would see what they actually sold for (if they did) and it always makes me laugh to see something that is so over priced BUT they offer free shipping! :laughing7:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those can not be SOLD prices. I just looked in the SOLD section, most are under $20. I only saw one for $499
In the FOR SALE section it only seems Beauty/Beast has high asking prices. But several different sellers.
Before I moved last month, I tossed two drawers full of VHS kids tapes. I know i threw away one of those.

There have been times when I wanted to go away for 3-4 days and I did not want to pull my auctions so I changed my BIN price to the limit ebay would let me just so it would not sell while I was gone. I think I tried $1000 but ebay wanted info or something else, can't remember. So I lowered it till I didn't get that message. (it has been a couple years.)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what a black diamond edition is? What are the markings to look for? Found the answer.....Black diamond shape on the side of the case and tape.

Last edited:

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think its been pretty well debunked that these sales are not real. You can find multiple examples on ebay right now for those videos selling for under 20.oo. Tell you what i have one i got at a garage sale sitting on my desk. Ill auction it off tonight and start it at 5.oo. Lets see where it goes

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: I was entirely serious when i said we should find out. Got home this evening and found it so now it's listed ! Let's see where it goes ! I started it at $4.99 no reserve $10,000. Buy it Now just in case Warren Buffet wants to beat out the competition. 50% will go to Wounded Warriors in Action.

I will go on the record now and say I will be stunned if it sells for more than $20.00 I'm a big believer in a person can ask whatever they want for something but the true value of any item is what other people will actually pay you for it.

Moron selling Beauty and the Beast Walt Disney Black Diamond VHS - NO RESERVe! | eBay

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find one and would like to keep a copy for yourself before selling. Here's the trick. Disney threw so much copy protection on them you get flashes etc etc. Get one of the old old top loading VCRs the ones with the clunk clunk keys. These weren't affected and would make perfect copies. You could burn a copy to give to the kids to trash and still have your original. That is until your kid tries to play the peanut butter sandwich! < true story!!!!

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those can not be SOLD prices. I just looked in the SOLD section, most are under $20. I only saw one for $499
In the FOR SALE section it only seems Beauty/Beast has high asking prices. But several different sellers.
Before I moved last month, I tossed two drawers full of VHS kids tapes. I know i threw away one of those.

There have been times when I wanted to go away for 3-4 days and I did not want to pull my auctions so I changed my BIN price to the limit ebay would let me just so it would not sell while I was gone. I think I tried $1000 but ebay wanted info or something else, can't remember. So I lowered it till I didn't get that message. (it has been a couple years.)

Dan

Those were sold prices I posted. Wether or not the transactions were ever completed or not we shall never know. Only eBay can give us the true answer if someone actually spent a crazy amount of money on these tapes

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guess I did not look far enough back. or used different key words.

I set the filter to sold items and highest price first on the eBay app

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
All: Please take a few extra minutes and avoid spreading false or misleading information. Thank you.

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@ Fushek : i thought that snopes article was pretty informative thanks.

I remember hearing about this topic several months ago. I too was able to find a few "sold" listings on ebay for extreme prices but on the same hand the vast majority of the completed sales were in what i expect is the normal range. I chocked it up to a couple of unpaid items and maybe a rare fluke or two. But hey - I am perfectly willing to keep an open mind on the topic and test the waters with an experimental listing for the sake of research for all of you :)

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do this with many items. If you put it on completed items with the highest price first. Once, I did this after I came home from a garage sale without realizing it and I was blown away. I thought I had made thousands. Then I realized my mistake and after hitting just completed items sold first the prices came down to earth. I personally never go by highest price first because if you list your items at these prices, your sales will be slim to none, and those sales won't be paid for anyway.
So, what's the point. Just my 2 cents.:icon_king:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A young boy was selling widgets at $100,000 a piece. A man comes by and says "You won't sell very many with that price" and kid says "Thats OK, I only have to sell one".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread