Otsby Barton 10k Cameo ring. Late 1800s early 1900s. Stunning.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys made a previous post about this ring but have just confirmed now it is real. Failed acid tests but tested positive on an electric tester at 9.64K gold. This was made at a very high quality, the cameo is all stone, chalcedony I think. The ring is engraved nicely, decor through out. Now as to where I found it, at a coin store, in a scrap sterling jewelry bin at $2 a gram. My guess is they tested it with acid thought it was fake and tossed it in or they didn't know at all because they had just opened and were still kind of sorting stuff out. Anyways I put a sterling junk ring on the scale and then put this ring on and quickly took out my cash and paid straight up and put them both in my pockets so fast. The ring is marked OB. 10k standing for Otbsy Barton, the brand is very very historied and collectible to a very high degree History of Ostby & Barton Jewelry Co. & the Significance of the Historical Titantic Collision ? Maejean Vintage Otsby passed away on the Titanic. Truly an amazing history behind such a beautiful ring. Kind of mad because the lady on the ring, her nose is chipped off and I really hope that didn't happen from being tossed around in a junk bin. That would be terrible. Then after I bought the ring one of the places that acid tested my ring rubbed one of the corners down and told me it was basically junk and fake. The same place offered to cut the ring in half and test it again :BangHead::BangHead: Never!!! Thankfully I took it to an antique jeweler who said it wasn't bad and very minimal wear and shouldn't affect the value. Best part of all the ring fits my middle finger and I fully intend on wearing this proudly. Quite possibly one of my coolest finds, damn shame about the nose though! Just glad I could save it.
20161203_174131_resized.jpg 20161203_174222(0)_resized.jpg 20161203_174228_resized.jpg 20161203_174313_resized.jpg 20161205_172720_resized_1.jpg 20161205_172729_resized_1.jpg

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it to another jeweler and was told that the guy who tested my ring (rubbed on the corner) is very minimal thankfully... Might have sparked an interest is collecting men's cameos lol oh no.....

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. Keepers are the best!

Top Member Reactions