What is the item that sells great locally but not elsewhere?

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm, the used car angle might be able to make you a good deal of cash. It seems like everyone needs a good working car. Furniture, on the other hand, sells for next to nothing around here.:icon_king:

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm, the used car angle might be able to make you a good deal of cash. It seems like everyone needs a good working car. Furniture, on the other hand, sells for next to nothing around here.:icon_king:

There were some trucks and cars last week that sold on the local market place for $500 or less each. Still worked and everything. I would have thought more seriously about but I have to focus for finals week. I'll keep watching after Christmas.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We're not a college town and furniture used to go dirt cheap. However, the area has been growing these past couple years and now furniture is skyrocketing, especially as there are no nearby furniture stores!

Seems to be lots of cars in the area, and seems that TONS of used cars have been bought at auto auctions and hauled into the area. Is getting hard to trust that a vehicle really hasn't been in an accident. We bought a Dodge truck some years back and the local mechanic shop was repainting where rocks had popped up and chipped the paint - or so they said. Ended up being that the lower portion of the truck was just starting to turn into a rust bucket, and they were simply covering up the evidence. So as with anything else these days, let the buyer beware.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably the book of Mormon....

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy the best one you can find or afford and trade that for something worth more then trade up. Keep doing that (trading up) until you eventually trade up to whatever goal value you set (say $20,000). Then sell that item and start again.
Start with a collectible fixed knife with sheath then trade that for a compound bow with bag or arrows, etc.
The idea is always trade up so what you trade for increases your profit until you reach your set goal.
No eBay, no storage auctions just easy trading and doing your homework!
Best of Luck out there!

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy the best one you can find or afford and trade that for something worth more then trade up. Keep doing that (trading up) until you eventually trade up to whatever goal value you set (say $20,000). Then sell that item and start again.
Start with a collectible fixed knife with sheath then trade that for a compound bow with bag or arrows, etc.
The idea is always trade up so what you trade for increases your profit until you reach your set goal.
Best of Luck out there!

While that is always fun I'm not 100% sure how this is relevant to the thread.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma has Pottery that is called Frankhoma. Only sells in Oklahoma or some one who used to live in OK and knows about it. It is nothing special just good stuff.
Frankoma Pottery Company | Home

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy the best one you can find or afford and trade that for something worth more then trade up. The idea is always trade up so what you trade for increases your profit until you reach your set goal.

sounds like a good idea but I bet hard to find enough people to trade up to.

It was also another one of those "reality" shows a year or two ago. It bombed. They took the same script from all the other reality shows, even right down to the drama, cut to black, do commercial, come back from commercial and do a review of the last few minutes.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma has Pottery that is called Frankhoma. Only sells in Oklahoma or some one who used to live in OK and knows about it. It is nothing special just good stuff.
Frankoma Pottery Company | Home

I found a Frankoma casserole dish a few weeks ago. It was the first Frankoma piece I'd seen around here. I think I paid $3 for it. It is like this one:
frankoma.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were some trucks and cars last week that sold on the local market place for $500 or less each. Still worked and everything. I would have thought more seriously about but I have to focus for finals week. I'll keep watching after Christmas.
Could be something me and some friends may be interested in. Keep me in mind after the holidays,
where abouts did you say you were at? :icon_scratch:
Good luck with finals and all.
(marking thread, old fashioned way).

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be something me and some friends may be interested in. Keep me in mind after the holidays,
where abouts did you say you were at? :icon_scratch:
Good luck with finals and all.
(marking thread, old fashioned way).

I'm in Colorado. If you want to send me a pm we can talk.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Best of Luck out there!

Funny, I just had to reply to this post. Many years ago, my father was a doctor to H.L. Hunt, the oil gazillionaire. Seventh grade education (H.L., not my dad). He told my father, "take everything away from me and give me a 5 cent carnival knife. I'll trade it and then trade that and in two weeks have all of my fortune back."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread