Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So last week hit a single garage sale. Sometimes "one is all ya need", to quote a crude Tenacious-D song--I'll leave it at that. :tongue3:

100pc Wallace Sterling Silver Flatware set - Marked $100. Um, sold. It came with a cheap velvet zipper tray for storage, but I lucked into finding the brand new Reed & Barton box at a thrift store for $10! (Box goes for $50 on the resale market, so that was a score by itself!) 3K flip, if I piece it out. Also bought a bag of old coins, 2 pocket watches and 2 pieces of unmarked gold which ended up acid testing 14K. Just incredible luck. Been waiting for a hit like that for a loooong time! :laughing7:

Then yesterday, had one of my best 'buck buys' to date. Flea market. Junk box, with an inch of disgusting water at the bottom I might add. 15.7g 21K gold. Sold it to a friend for 90% of melt, so $450. $1200 retail on that sucker! It just had the perfect feel when I picked it up. Heavier than I expected, non-magnetic, buttery look, and oh so yellow. Delicious. One of my proudest picking moments. :thumbsup:

Then the scrap bin of silver. Started negotiation at $200, was able to walk for $250. 394 grams of scrap .925, stones removed. (The scrap is what I call the 'non-resellables') Forgot to take a picture of all the good stuff laid out, but it's about 80 pieces. Almost all pins and earrings. Lots of good mid 20th century stuff, and even a couple Victorian bits. $800-$1000 resell + scrap value.

Finally, the Bohemian Cranberry glass lamps. This was a thrift store, but this is more of a yard sale post so I'll include it here. $6/ea!! An easy $300 on the flip. Both work, even though they have mismatched bits. They are just lovely! "in-situ" picture at the store. hahah!

Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas and happy holidays fellow treasure-seekers. Be safe.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Planets have aligned up for you. Great score.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be a good Christmas in your house with those kind of scores.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there. That silverware sets amazing!! I'm glad somebody's doing well. I have not found Jack this month. I have no sales over $100 this month. I'm ready to go sit in a corner and cry!! Lol. Congrats!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some ridiculous finds; CONGRATS!!

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds there. That silverware sets amazing!! I'm glad somebody's doing well. I have not found Jack this month. I have no sales over $100 this month. I'm ready to go sit in a corner and cry!! Lol. Congrats!

Haha don't do that. You score on the reg! I wish I had the motivation to list/sell as much as you do.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only takes one sale to make your day.
Super scores.
Well done.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of coins did you get in that bag?

50 or so wheats, about 100 V's and buffs, and a few random nice coins including an EF 1908S Barber dime, 1858 flying eagle in a strong VF, 1883 AU V nick w/o cents, 3 teen wheat buffs in VG-F, walker, 2 worn out standers, 1873 shield nick in good, 194X walker in EF-AU.

I'm going to upload pics of the 14K wax seal ring and some of the coins in a minute. Would actually like some opinions on the ring.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure makes it worth it when you find a good sale. You sure found some amazing items. I love the lamps, but I'm mostly Czech. Hope you keep on that lucky streak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread