1983 Honda ATC110 3 Wheeler

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked up this 3 wheeler a few weeks back at a moving sale. It wasn't running but the motor wasn't locked up & it looked good. I figured I could part it out if needed to get my money back. I spent a couple hours changing the oil & replacing the gaskets in the carb. It started up on the 3rd or 4th pull. Whoever buys it will need to do some minor tweaking that I don't have time for. Listed it on a local Facebook group priced with that in mind. I got a LOT of responses from idiots but so far no buyers. I have a guy that's supposed to be here in 45 minutes. Who knows if he'll show. This is serving as a reminder as to why I don't like to sell things in person.

001.JPG 002.JPG

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that looks clean. Really curious on the 'picked price' vs asking price. I love a good flip. Nice work, hope he shows.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i crashed one like that years ago. Dont know if it was balance or the beer i drank. :dontknow:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I had one like that and a Fatcat back in the day, lots of fun.

DO you have lots invested into it or something, why not just keep it.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The guy showed up as promised & bought it. First thing he said was "it looks just like the one I was riding when I cut my ear off". I sold it for $150 less than low local retail & still made $225 for the 6 hours (over the last few weeks) it took to bring it home, get it running & then sell. I didn't want to spend another couple days cleaning, fine tuning, & meeting several people for the extra $150.

I didn't keep it because I don't have anywhere to ride it. Even if I did I would have sold it within a short time anyway because my bad neck can't take the jouncing around. I've got a Yamaha Roadstar I'm going to have to sell in the spring for the same reason.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy showed up as promised & bought it. First thing he said was "it looks just like the one I was riding when I cut my ear off". I sold it for $150 less than low local retail & still made $225 for the 6 hours (over the last few weeks) it took to bring it home, get it running & then sell. I didn't want to spend another couple days cleaning, fine tuning, & meeting several people for the extra $150.

I didn't keep it because I don't have anywhere to ride it. Even if I did I would have sold it within a short time anyway because my bad neck can't take the jouncing around. I've got a Yamaha Roadstar I'm going to have to sell in the spring for the same reason.

Nice flip!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Nice score. Looks to be in near mint condition and they haven't made those in many years ever since they were deemed to be unsafe. Sitting kills them especially with a tank full of grabage Ethanol gas in them. I have a 2006 Artic Cat Quad that only has 600 miles on it I got from an estate but it runs like crap from sitting. Fresh gas & a carb rebuild is in order.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I picked up a 1964 Honda 90cc C200 at a yard sale. It's still in the shed. Motor turns and the gears shift, but it needs some doctoring to be a runner. It is in all original relic condition. I looked on line at what some of the parts are selling for, but I'm just going to hang on to it and see if it goes up in price as-is in the next 10 years.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I had one like that and a Fatcat back in the day, lots of fun.

DO you have lots invested into it or something, why not just keep it.
Oddjob, Was that a Manco fat cat you had? Got one a couple months ago, everyone that's seen it says it's the first one they've seen with straight front forks! Gotta go to the motorcycle junk yard and grab a set of forks from one of the Honda trikes. Better than the bicycle looking forks they came with plus it adds a front brake! Fun little toy!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I picked up a 1964 Honda 90cc C200 at a yard sale. It's still in the shed. Motor turns and the gears shift, but it needs some doctoring to be a runner. It is in all original relic condition. I looked on line at what some of the parts are selling for, but I'm just going to hang on to it and see if it goes up in price as-is in the next 10 years.

Parts are unbelievable! The lady at the estate sale couldn't understand why I was smiling so much when I bought some NOS Honda Trail 50 parts like the air box, complete exhaust, front forks and seat for less then 80 bucks. I've never sold them because I'm thinking just like you, Tamrock.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Son had to ride a Honda Big red for 6 hours to get his certificate of competency for under age drives for ATV's. I felt so bad for him that day as he worked his @$$ off trying to stay on that thing and shifting gears while all the other kids were on fancy 4 wheelers with suspension and auto transmissions.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Somewhere in the back of my mind, and this was quite a few years back, I think Honda was offering $750.00 each to buy those back, no questions asked, because of all of the liability lawsuits over the 3 wheelers.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The California Fish & Game had two of them. One was a Big Red and one was a Yamaha. The State told them to get rid of them......so they took a torch and cut them in half and hauled them to the landfill. I begged and pleaded with them before they hauled them off. The couldn't even donate them to the local high school for mechanic shop. What a waste.....your gubermint at it's finest!!:censored:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread