HELP - Platinum & Diamond Ring - NOW WHAT??

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
...and you just had to break the 2ct mark lol).

All I did was check the measurements using the Calculators at the links below. Of course, these did not ask for the Girdle measurements for adding or subtracting from the weights of each. You are probably right that you know Diamonds like I know coins but I have done pretty good a cherrypicking some really nice Diamonds and rings with Diamonds. The last ring I cherrypicked was a Men's 11.5 gram 14kt yellow Gold Ring with around a 1.00ct center Diamond that was "F" in color and a VS1, the two side Diamonds were around 0.48ct each, "G" in color and SI1 but leaning close to VS2. Funny I should have remembered the cuts as all of the Diamonds were Old European Cut. I snagged the ring for $350 at a local Pawn Shop in 2013 and took it straight to my Jeweler to have it checked out. I later had the ring stolen at a Flea Market 50+ miles from home that I had setup at but I found it at a Pawn Shop about 10 miles away and it took 6 months and two Court hearings to get it back. It was eventually sold in a large coin and jewelry sell I made to one person not two weeks after getting the ring back. I felt it carried some bad luck and I was glad to sell it in the deal.

Diamond Carat Weight Calculator

https://www.wpdiamonds.com/diamonds/weight-calculator/

Gemstone weight and price calculator

Frank

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bit of a spitting match this turned into I see. Silliness, fellas! Thrifting is more fun than bickering. heh

I would also tell them they need to re-cut that appraisal to reflect Platinum. It's wrong as it sits. If I ask for a burger and get a chicken sandwich, it goes back to the kitchen.

Nice job, though! Also appreciate you seeing this through and posting back to the thread for us readers.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Bit of a spitting match this turned into I see. Silliness, fellas! Thrifting is more fun than bickering. heh

I would also tell them they need to re-cut that appraisal to reflect Platinum. It's wrong as it sits. If I ask for a burger and get a chicken sandwich, it goes back to the kitchen.

Nice job, though! Also appreciate you seeing this through and posting back to the thread for us readers.

All is good!! Everyone sees something different when looking at pics and this was the case here.

Frank

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO GOOGLE SEARCH FOR ANTIQUE JEWELRY BUYERS - SEND THEM SOME PICS AND GET MULTIPLE
OPINIONS - I AGREE - OLD MINE CUT DIAMONDS - I THINK ITS WORTH OVER $3000
WHETHER YOU CAN GET CLOSE TO THAT :dontknow:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way it goes, good eye! And Congratulations on a huge score!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread