Gold ring gold Watch & hat pin?

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a couple of things I picked up today the ring is 18 karat if anyone can identify the makers Mark it has two people wrapped a round a diamond and the watch is 14 solid gold with gold filled band can't find a identical one if anybody knows the year and price range and the hat pin I have no clue if anybody has any idea would be greatly appreciated I thought it was a 50 m Olympic hatpin it looks to be copper but can't find anyone that resembles it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482111953.054494.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482111962.437473.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482111972.831560.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482111984.018556.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482111994.921110.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482112004.052997.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482112012.692460.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mark looks to be mca or moa maybe woa wca but the last letter is a it has a line thought it I'll try to get better pic after work thanks for the help

For the pins I have 3 with all different years

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MCA = Mostly Copper Alloy.

J/k :P

Well done Cheech.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mark looks to be mca or moa maybe woa wca but the last letter is a it has a line thought it I'll try to get better pic after work thanks for the help

For the pins I have 3 with all different years

If you turn the picture of the mark you posted upside down, you will see it clearly is a "D".

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you turn the picture of the mark you posted upside down, you will see it clearly is a "D".

Here a closer picture you're right it is a D [emoji106]🏻
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482184407.033130.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it to a jewelry store and no luck they're keeping posted if I find out

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gib posted a picture of a ring that looks identical. This makers mark could possibly be "Manuel Carrera" or something along that line. Here is their web page with info on Manuel AND contact info that you could email photos and see if it is a Carrera y Carrera piece. Are there any other markings inside/outside of the band (possibly very worn).

http://www.carreraycarrera.com/

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not a Carrera then it's a nice look alike. It definitely needs more research. It's a beautiful ring. As for the lapel pins, I believe they are pins from the Prudential insurance company. They appear to depict the rock of Gibraltar on them (get a piece of the rock). The 50m stands for 50 million versus 50 meters, according to the guy who has the one below for sale. Also, they were made by the Newark Emblem Co., the same city in which Prudential was founded. Here is a similar sterling 100m pin- Prudential Insurance The Rock 100 Million Club Sterling Screwback Pin (13J1) | eBay

s-l500.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not a Carrera then it's a nice look alike. It definitely needs more research. It's a beautiful ring. As for the lapel pins, I believe they are pins from the Prudential insurance company. They appear to depict the rock of Gibraltar on them (get a piece of the rock). The 50m stands for 50 million versus 50 meters, according to the guy who has the one below for sale. Also, they were made by the Newark Emblem Co., the same city in which Prudential was founded. Here is a similar sterling 100m pin- Prudential Insurance The Rock 100 Million Club Sterling Screwback Pin (13J1) | eBay

View attachment 1393687

Nice ID on the pin. I knew it looked familiar.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's another that shows the mark clearly: Authentic! Carrera Y Carrera 18k Gold Diamond Spinning Circle Bangle Bracelet | eBay

Congratulations, looks like a huge score. What did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thanks everyone for all the help no I do not mind I paid 400 for that the gold watch and nine bags of mixed costume jewelry some Sterling and a little bit of gold jewelry mixed in the bags

And if anyone has any information on the watch it's 17 jewels solid gold case with gold filled band I found a couple that look almost the same the only difference is I believe it's the second hand at the bottom is designed a little different

So on another note I decided to look at the ring again and it winds up having the CYC and serial number underneath where the diamonds I don't know how I missed it must be old age[emoji30]

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all the help no I do not mind I paid 400 for that the gold watch and nine bags of mixed costume jewelry some Sterling and a little bit of gold jewelry mixed in the bags

And if anyone has any information on the watch it's 17 jewels solid gold case with gold filled band I found a couple that look almost the same the only difference is I believe it's the second hand at the bottom is designed a little different

So on another note I decided to look at the ring again and it winds up having the CYC and serial number underneath where the diamonds I don't know how I missed it must be old age[emoji30]
Congrats! BTW- Your too young to be old!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread