Lost my watch but found

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A box for it at a yard sale today. It's somewhere in my house but I'm not sure where. I've looked for it several times but once I find it I'll have a home for it!

Not bad for $2. It's mint.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483740509.338656.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483740538.203941.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483740574.437888.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an empty Accutron box and put it with an Accutron I had and listed it all together. I think it upped the value over just the watch..That's a nice box combo and worth something on it's own.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch boxes with a correct watch always boost the value by some. I think it has something to do with just the overall presentation and the fact it's almost complete. Also, some boxes are actually very hard to come by! Vintage Rolex and Omega boxes sell for a good amount just by themselves!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a Accutron box some time ago at a sale that could be best described as trash and cat pee. The only things I purchased were the door hardware in the hous, front door with speakeasy window and that Accutron box. It went on to sell for over 150.00 and that included the paperwork, warranty card, price tag on string loop and display holder.

Boxes are always worth grabbing because somebody is always looking for one.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also helps that there is a huge following for Accutron watches at the moment!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies.. I searched for 2 hrs last night. No luck. Idk where it could be. There was a similar one in worse condition on eBay. Asking $545. Not happening! I will continue the hunt today as it's rain for the forecast.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies.. I searched for 2 hrs last night. No luck. Idk where it could be. There was a similar one in worse condition on eBay. Asking $545. Not happening! I will continue the hunt today as it's rain for the forecast.

I guarantee it you will find it in the very last place you look.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy all iphone empty boxes for the same reason. Sometimes i get free or pay $1. I have sold on the bay for around $8-10

Didn't think about that! I keep all of the boxes because they are nice and clean. EBay here they come!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy! Offered my kids $50. Lol. Found in 2 minutes! lol. Now my son gets to buy his own shoes for football season! Hahaha. It's like he knew where it was... [emoji15]

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484097220.181379.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice watch!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ate my words as I said it. LOL I will admit though my son is pretty smart as to what I do. He had me buy a used pair of shoes for him on eBay for $20. He gave me the money but then he gave me his used pair and said here sell these for me give him the money when they sell. They are probably worth 35 bucks. He's 9.

Even funnier, I bought him some playing cards for a dollar. Whole bunch of them that were like Pokémon. He put them in sets of 10 and sold them at school for a dollar apiece. For a set and he made $65! Then something he made out of paper machete the girls wanted. So we made 40 of them and sold them around school for a dollar each. He's 9! Then I have a box of watches and he keeps taking out the ones that work and taking them to school and selling them for two dollars apiece. He's a little hustler.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ate my words as I said it. LOL I will admit though my son is pretty smart as to what I do. He had me buy a used pair of shoes for him on eBay for $20. He gave me the money but then he gave me his used pair and said here sell these for me give him the money when they sell. They are probably worth 35 bucks. He's 9.

Even funnier, I bought him some playing cards for a dollar. Whole bunch of them that were like Pokémon. He put them in sets of 10 and sold them at school for a dollar apiece. For a set and he made $65! Then something he made out of paper machete the girls wanted. So we made 40 of them and sold them around school for a dollar each. He's 9! Then I have a box of watches and he keeps taking out the ones that work and taking them to school and selling them for two dollars apiece. He's a little hustler.

A chip off the old block! He is going to take over the family business by the time he is 15. Better get a good rocking chair at a yardsale.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I freakin love it!! Just like dad!! My daughter who is 21 has my eye and enough knowledge to find gold and silver at yard sales when she's home from school. She's my own competition sometimes! But I don't mind! These are good skills to have in my book of life!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a gold bracelet today the thrift store. He just saw it sitting here and goes can I buy it from you? Then you can sell it and I'll get the money? Lol. No! It was $288!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484186766.420617.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions