Hot streak final part! Help with diamond ring? Made of what exactly? Markings?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final post for my hot streak to start off 2017! found this ring in the junk sterling bin today, same coin store as Georg Jensen brooch. I paid a whopping 50 cents for it lol. When I saw it (which was just by pure luck as it is small and there was sooo much sterling to dig through) I thought that does not look like silver. I also noticed the markings were very old and worn down and the stone was in perfect condition, no scratches. I assumed being in a big bin full of metal if the stone was fake it would be dinged up. I knew it was older than the 70s which was when CZ came to market. I thought it was crystal or glass, but for 50 cents oh well. Also, being a nice coin store who deals with diamonds I thought there was no way in heck. As it turns out it indeed is a old 0.15ct diamond! My biggest diamond found yet!! As for the metal composition I have no idea. The place I had it tested it confirmed 100% diamond but the metal was negative for silver, platinum, and gold. Did they ever use palladium a long time ago? Any thoughts or ideas? As for the markings I did my best taking a picture of them but it's hard. It looks like there is first a knight riding a horse, then the initials W.O., and then something no idea.... I can hopefully find an electronic tester tomorrow and will know for sure but until then any guesses?? Thanks everyone.
20170106_194253.jpg 20170106_194314.jpg 20170106_194337.jpg 20170106_194357.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weird looks like a ring made of gold to me.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks real to me too... white gold... great find!

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd..... it is gold plated, with 2% platinum, 80% silver. I wasn't expecting that. Anyone know how old it might be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread