kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Youngins"?!?!? THIS youngin stays home for a living nowdays. :laughing7: ...That's why "work" is a dirty word now. :tongue3:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief she sounds unbalanced. I want to say that had it been me I would have stood my ground (and held on to my finds carefully) while calmly but loudly asking her if there was a problem and explaining like you would to a child that it's rude and wildly inappropriate to behave like that in public, towards strangers minding their own business no less, and was she feeling quite well? Did we need to call a̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶a̶a̶a̶a̶m̶b̶u̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ an ambulance? I will have to keep this in mind should a similar thing ever happen to me. I've gotten countless dirty looks from people, and basically been body-checked out of the way at sales a couple of times, but that's it. One thing I like to do is kill them with kindness by asking if they want to switch places when I'm done looking at the stuff in front of me and it's clear that they want a turn. Even though (or maybe because) that seems to catch a lot of people off guard it has resulted in them being friendly back pretty close to 100% of the times I've done it.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Good grief she sounds unbalanced. I want to say that had it been me I would have stood my ground (and held on to my finds carefully) while calmly but loudly asking her if there was a problem and explaining like you would to a child that it's rude and wildly inappropriate to behave like that in public, towards strangers minding their own business no less, and was she feeling quite well? Did we need to call a̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶a̶a̶a̶a̶m̶b̶u̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ an ambulance? I will have to keep this in mind should a similar thing ever happen to me. I've gotten countless dirty looks from people, and basically been body-checked out of the way at sales a couple of times, but that's it. One thing I like to do is kill them with kindness by asking if they want to switch places when I'm done looking at the stuff in front of me and it's clear that they want a turn. Even though (or maybe because) that seems to catch a lot of people off guard it has resulted in them being friendly back pretty close to 100% of the times I've done it.

THIS!! This is what is missing far too much from modern society. People acting like wolves rather than people. KIMP is spot-on!!:notworthy: :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS!! This is what is missing far too much from modern society. People acting like wolves rather than people. KIMP is spot-on!!:notworthy: :occasion14:

I remember one time holding the door open for a lady at the thrift store. She went right over to the jewelry and bought all of the bags. (There were 8) I thought wow I bet she's gonna share!! But I asked kindly if there was any she was going to leave, she said no way. I'm glad you held the door open for me so I could get them all!! Wth! She asked me today to hold the door open for her and I said not a chance. She sat in the parking lot for probably 20 minutes before I even got there. But I got out of the car and stood at the door.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That bites!! ...She actually waited for you to get there? Did she say she had waited for 20 minutes? She sounds evil. I don't like evil....'cept for Evel Knievel. :laughing7:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten countless dirty looks from people, and basically been body-checked out of the way at sales a couple of times, but that's it.

One time, there was a long table and in the middle was a big box of bagged jewelry. On one side was a guy already going through the bags so I went on the other side of the table and started to look at the bags on my side and he slapped my hand (not as hard as the nuns did in grammar school tho) and we got into a verbal discussion. I backed up because this a$$ had a cigarette hanging out of his face. This was not a little jewelry box but a fair sized one. He seemed to think he was entitled to pick through everything first.

I left because I am allergic to smoke and I knew my clothes would stink for an hour.

I am sure some of you guys/gals will say I should have waited my turn and I have done that many times if the pile of jewelry was in a little basket or jewelry box.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Wow. If someone were to slap my hand or body check me it would lead to more than words. Around here we call that assault.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this weekend I went to a yard sale and bought a gold charm. And a small bracelet. I asked the lady how much for the stuff? And she says $2. This lady turns to me and says let's see what you have?
And I look her in the eyes, and I felt a sudden urge to want to kick her. Second time.. same person. Same B as this thread started with...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488171692.902668.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is her, she has an unmistakable case of the crazy eyes.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this weekend I went to a yard sale and bought a gold charm. And a small bracelet. I asked the lady how much for the stuff? And she says $2. This lady turns to me and says let's see what you have?
And I look her in the eyes, and I felt a sudden urge to want to kick her. Second time.. same person. Same B as this thread started with...

View attachment 1420095

Wait is that really her? I thought you just grabbed that photo off the web as a joke.

There really is something about saling that makes people crazy. Like if you are not careful it consumes you. Like the dark side...haha

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an anecdote from Friday that fits right in here. At a small flea market near my house, looking at some jewelry on/in a smallish box lid. Maybe 8" by 14" max, probably smaller. It's sitting in the middle of a plastic banquet table so I pull it towards the side I'm standing on and start looking. What do you know, a little old Hispanic lady walks up, stands there for a minute looking at me & the jewelry and then leans way in and starts digging. I pulled the lid a little further towards myself and clearly said "No, sorry, there's more down there" and gestured towards the end of the table. She literally does the Family Guy maid bit of mumbling "Si, si" while nodding and continuing to look through the jewelry. I replied "No, I know you know what no means", quickly finished looking and walked away. I know it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks I'm racist because I know I'm not, but I had a fairly strong urge to explain to everyone nearby that I ONLY SAID THAT BECAUSE NO MEANS THE SAME THING IN SPANISH AS IT DOES IN ENGLISH GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
^LOL^! She was certainly trying to pretend ignorance while trying to snatch the good stuff from you!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tellin ya, we should all write a book with all the crap we see or hear!! [emoji38]. Maybe a new reality show! "Yard sale wars".

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
she wants to see what you have? tell her nonya

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread