Rudest lady ever IOU!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a community sale this morning with my son. We were basically the first ones there. First three houses had silver at them. Fourth house I ask if she had any jewelry. Boom! Pulls out a table full. All of a sudden I hear this voice go" you better not be looking at jewelry". I turned around I have no idea who this person is. But I scoop up all the rings in my hand. Start picking out what I want and she starts yelling out to the lady working there who owned the stuff, to me and this other guy who just now started walking up the driveway.... "there's no gold, this guy got it all". "He has all this gold. Why even bother". She must've yelled that out seven times. Said" let me see what you got?!!" If there was not more sales to go to I would have flipped on her.

But I will say, you old grumpy bag... IOU one!!!

Can't get to mad though.

4 gr 18k.
19g 14k.
2 gram 10k.
3 sterling. 1 is Judith ripka Spent $130.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484415025.666259.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484415044.236961.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484415060.996730.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484415077.779929.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484415120.679229.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have taken her pic and told her you are going to post it on all garage sale posting sites for your area to warn all buyers and sellers to watch out for lady that is a bit unbalanced.

I wonder if she is related to the person I heard about yesterday. I visit the local library a lot for research and they have a nice little used book store. I overheard one volunteer telling another that a few days earlier some customer wanted to see the CD section (not very big) but someone was already looking at it. This customer started telling the looker to hurry up and finish, that didn't work so he started yelling and cussing at the volunteer to get him out of the way. (all volunteers are little old gray haired ladies) Don't know the outcome because they said they will bring up the issue at their next meeting.

I do know the library has a guard, but he is usually sleeping and snoring in a corner. He must be in his 80's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was starting to get very upset. To the point where I was shaking but I thought about turning to the other guy who I've dealt with in the past since he was very professional and giving him one of the rings that I just bought but I didn't want to do that in front of the owner of them. He said nothing. The other lady just blab and blabbed.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eh, she's old and will die long before you. If she persists, just remind her that time isn't on her side

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have turned around pointed at her and laughed, then mouthed silently out of sight of your son some bad words that I can't post on here!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...This is one reason I prefer living in no man's land.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Time for a King Louie imitation and say " it's good to be the king!"

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still did good in spite of the old hag!! Onwards and upwards my friend!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was starting to get very upset. To the point where I was shaking but I thought about turning to the other guy who I've dealt with in the past since he was very professional and giving him one of the rings that I just bought but I didn't want to do that in front of the owner of them. He said nothing. The other lady just blab and blabbed.
YA GOTTA HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! Open your eyes as far as they'll go, flip your hat around sideways, stick your thumbs in your ears wiggle your fingers while repeating over & over booga booga booga in her face. When she asks you what the heck you're doing, calmly tell her your Great grand mother taught you this method of scaring off witches!! Sadly, I've been using this technique more & more lately in stores.

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago, my husband and me and small children went into a antique/junk place we hadn't been before. It was in a nearby town. An older lady was putting bottles and knick nacs on a rolling shelf. I looked and circled the shelf and saw a bottle I wanted. It was old looking, with raised moon and stars. I made the mistake of remarking to my husband that I liked it. Asked the lady what they wanted for it, that I really liked it. Her and her husband looked at each other, and he exploded. started yelling that that was just like her, to put out something that she hadn't really looked at or priced. They did not cuss, but came close. It was back and forth, like a show. I glanced at my husband, and we left. I was not mad, but disgusted. Our kids had never heard people yelling at each other, and we didn't want them too. I think it was an old bottle, and it was all an act to distract us from that. They could have just said "oh we didn't mean to sell that". It would have saved them a lot of hot air. Some people will do like the lady did you, to get you away from what they want to buy. They will crowd you, or start a conversation, or whatever, to get to what they want. Take it all with a grain of salt. Ima Craig Johnson wrote- Stay Calm, Have Courage, and Wait for Signs

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago, my husband and me and small children went into a antique/junk place we hadn't been before. It was in a nearby town. An older lady was putting bottles and knick nacs on a rolling shelf. I looked and circled the shelf and saw a bottle I wanted. It was old looking, with raised moon and stars. I made the mistake of remarking to my husband that I liked it. Asked the lady what they wanted for it, that I really liked it. Her and her husband looked at each other, and he exploded. started yelling that that was just like her, to put out something that she hadn't really looked at or priced. They did not cuss, but came close. It was back and forth, like a show. I glanced at my husband, and we left. I was not mad, but disgusted. Our kids had never heard people yelling at each other, and we didn't want them too. I think it was an old bottle, and it was all an act to distract us from that. They could have just said "oh we didn't mean to sell that". It would have saved them a lot of hot air. Some people will do like the lady did you, to get you away from what they want to buy. They will crowd you, or start a conversation, or whatever, to get to what they want. Take it all with a grain of salt. Ima digger
Craig Johnson wrote- Stay Calm, Have Courage, and Wait for Signs

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was definitely way too emotional. When someone beats me to a score, I quickly lick my wound, and move on to the next one. You've been just too fast for her, and everyone else, it seems! That is a big high five for you, and a valuable lesson for the lady, and everyone else to up their game. Those are beautiful pieces! Congratulations, what a score! :-)

artslinger

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Situations with rudeness occur all the time. But I like to think of the times where other pickers that I've become friendly with hold items for each other while canvassing the sale. It's nice when we say to each other, I thought you might want this.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not garage sale related, but rudeness related just the same. I was at the store the other day and happen to be nursing a sinus infection. I was walking down the aisle and there were a couple women looking at stuff. I said, "Excuse me," as I walked in front of them to get by and one of them said, "Don't breathe on me." Now, I couldn't be positive that she was speaking to me, but if I was sure, I know what my reply would have been. "Don't worry, ma'am. If I wanted to get you sick I would come over there and lick your face." However, since I wasn't sure, I will just have to save it for next time.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not garage sale related, but rudeness related just the same. I was at the store the other day and happen to be nursing a sinus infection. I was walking down the aisle and there were a couple women looking at stuff. I said, "Excuse me," as I walked in front of them to get by and one of them said, "Don't breathe on me." Now, I couldn't be positive that she was speaking to me, but if I was sure, I know what my reply would have been. "Don't worry, ma'am. If I wanted to get you sick I would come over there and lick your face." However, since I wasn't sure, I will just have to save it for next time.

Haha. That's funny! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have flipped. Shut your (insert expletive here starting with the letter W) mouth. 1/4 of the people who shop at yard sales are bat-ch!z crazy. Way to keep your cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread