Who knows about pens?

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are correct JD, the clips on my meisterstucks are solid, heavy and there is a 3 letter word or symbol on the inside

That should read PIX. It's one of the ways to spot a real vs a fake. I don't remember how far back it was when that was introduced but it was what helped me ID mine as real

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should read PIX. It's one of the ways to spot a real vs a fake. I don't remember how far back it was when that was introduced but it was what helped me ID mine as real

Mine are blank inside. There's nothing on the inside of the clip. Idk. Innoway they seem to be real but I can't be 100% positive. I may just auction them wanted to time and see if anyone complains. Take a chance I guess right? I went to a couple places today. One person said they were real another person said they were not. Another guy offered me $70 for all four of them. But he wasn't sure they were real... they said there's a store in Miami so I would have to go to them. But we may do that pretty soon because my parents want to take my kids to the zoo over there.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BK I think your mont blancs are real. I checked my older meisterstucks and there is no writing inside of the clip, also your mont blanc ink refills look exactly like mine and your serial numbers are shaped with the same precise numbering

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BK, is there a shot of the Waterman fountain pen nib yet? I might at least be able to ID that for you. I suspect what it is, but without a photo I can't say.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BK, is there a shot of the Waterman fountain pen nib yet? I might at least be able to ID that for you. I suspect what it is, but without a photo I can't say.

Hi sorry I will get that here shortly. It looks rusty. But in a couple minutes I'll get one

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are correct JD, the clips on my meisterstucks are solid, heavy and there is a 3 letter word or symbol on the inside

I am 95% sure they are real from what I can see.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even after all of the searching and vetting with the 3 caps i picked up, i wasn't 100% positive mine were real. They sure looked good but i'm not a Montblanc pen expert and don't have the time to become one. Just like any luxury item, fakes are common and its a constant cat and mouse game of creating more intricate details that the counterfeiters won't be able to copy.

I'd just compare yours to all of the horrible fakes found on the pen forums and see how yours compare. I bet they are real since the people doing the fakes are copying the big money pens like LeGrand, starwalker or Mozart fountain pens

As long as there is no glaringly obvious problems like a misspelled name or shoddy construction, id sell them with a clear conscience. If the buyer says they are fake, do the return

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486050612.250536.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486050627.929055.jpg

Kind of crappy pictures. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to get some better ones tonight

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1409901
View attachment 1409902

Kind of crappy pictures. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to get some better ones tonight

I think this is a Waterman Maestro (I have one). It went for about $50, new, and you may be able to get close to that selling it on the 'bay, as they're hard to find. I think what you see on the nib is not rust, but rather dried ink. It won't hurt if you put the pen in a glass with cool (not warm or hot) water to just cover the nib, and let it soak for a day or so. Ink should come off, unless some fool put India ink in it. It could still be cleaned, but you'd need an ultrasonic cleaner and a miracle product called Rapido-Eze.

If the other two Waterman pens are also the Maestro model, you might get more selling all of them as a set. Good luck and I hope this is helpful!

(Just dug out my Maestro, ridges don't match...may be a Perspective.)

No...an image search IDs this model as a Laureat!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a Waterman Maestro (I have one). It went for about $50, new, and you may be able to get close to that selling it on the 'bay, as they're hard to find. I think what you see on the nib is not rust, but rather dried ink. It won't hurt if you put the pen in a glass with cool (not warm or hot) water to just cover the nib, and let it soak for a day or so. Ink should come off, unless some fool put India ink in it. It could still be cleaned, but you'd need an ultrasonic cleaner and a miracle product called Rapido-Eze.

If the other two Waterman pens are also the Maestro model, you might get more selling all of them as a set. Good luck and I hope this is helpful!

(Just dug out my Maestro, ridges don't match...may be a Perspective.)

No...an image search IDs this model as a Laureat!

Thank you very much. I will add another photo once I clean off the black. Maybe that will help a little bit. Thanks again, Justin.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your help. Your Service on this site is incredible!

You're most welcome. I just happen to love pens and have been collecting and using for many years. :)

Are any of the Cross pens fountain pens? The gold and silver one might be a Coventry.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're most welcome. I just happen to love pens and have been collecting and using for many years. :)

Are any of the Cross pens fountain pens? The gold and silver one might be a Coventry.

I'll have to check. I just bought three more today brand-new vintage in with eraser box and leads.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here some of the stuff I got today.
This guy said he used to work for them so these are the ones he never used. They are five dollars a set.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486149811.859469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486149848.437979.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486149902.679173.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486149966.465022.jpg

Then the other silver cross ones from before or just ballpoint pens I guess. Sorry about the pile of crap in the background I'm running out of room again!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486150039.831676.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread