Anybody Familiar with Randy Puckett Bronze Sculptures? I Need Some Advice!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently picked up a beautiful randy Puckett whale sculpture for a song and wanted to know if anybody had some realized prices for his Humpback Whale Calf and Cow pieces. eBay has some single Whale versions but not much else.

I almost shouldn't be asking but I made the mistake of listing it, without proper research,and it sold this morning for what I thought was a great price. Now I'm starting to think it might of been worth thousands and since its was my FIRST sculpture purchased for resale, I might of greatly undervalued it.

The original sale price was 4000.00 from his galley. Just because it sold for that much then doesn't mean it has appreciated and will automatically sell for more in the future.

Does anybody has some input /insight into his work or a place where I can see some realized values for similar works?

Attachments

• IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    694.1 KB · Views: 159

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh oh. What did it sell for? Always research beforehand!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
550.00. I was wrong on the original price. It was sold for 1800.00 in the gallery

Yeah, I saw that on his gallery. I think you may have been able to get more for it, but you may have waited months for the right buyer.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listed it right before bed and it sold about 30 minutes after I got to work. I figured it would sit on ebay for a while and I'd get to enjoy it until it sold.

Oh well. I made a lot considering what I paid but I'm going to have to do a bit more research next time. I didn't see the numbers when I checked out his sight the first time

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not the first and will not be the last to list lower then what you could have got. I have done that a couple of time. Learned not to look back.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not the first and will not be the last to list lower then what you could have got. I have done that a couple of time. Learned not to look back.

This really is the first time i've actually second guessed a sale. A few hundred bucks i can get past no problem. That's all part of the game. If it was worth many thousands, then i might have a problem. Seeing as i still made a hefty profit, ill be fine and the buyer got a great deal.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had stuff sit on eBay forever at a decent enough price and it not sell. Lower the price and it sells. Then later I see it listed AND sold for higher than my original price! I just think "Where was this buyer a few weeks ago?!". But good profit is always nice. You did well.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Based on past sales on WorthPoint , you maybe missed out on 200 bucks. But like others have said, it may have sat for months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread