Took a wild guess this is worth more than $25

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now to clean it up for five hours and figure out how I'm going to ship it if it sells. Most of them or some of them have the original tags not all of them but it was sitting in somebody's garage so the whole thing needs wiped down. But a similar one sold for $700 which I'm shocked. Just wanted to share. My wife laughed at when I bought it today

The Carnegie collection authentic prehistoric replicas.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486244883.647258.jpg

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be laughing too...all the way to the bank. :-)

artslinger

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding. I have no idea on shipping either. Other then a flatscreen tv box? Idk yey

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find!

Even better is I just realized I've got a box full of those exact dinosaurs
in my front room. We have them there with other toys to keep the grandkids busy.
No stand, so I'm sure they've got much less value.

Hope they don't mind of Papa swipes a few of their toys...:laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

Even better is I just realized I've got a box full of those exact dinosaurs
in my front room. We have them there with other toys to keep the grandkids busy.
No stand, so I'm sure they've got much less value.

Hope they don't mind of Papa swipes a few of their toys...:laughing7:

Probably way easier to ship yours LOL. They were decent prices. Something i would have left without the stand

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I bet my wife that we could find something at a yard sale today that pay for a weekend vacation for the two of us. At least would pay for a hotel and probably dinner maybe. Depending on how long it took to sell

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I am shocked by the value of that. It's hard to tell how large it is from the picture, but I probably would not have bought it. The fact that it is a Carnegie would have made me want to buy it, but then I would have thought about shipping and possible damage and then I probably would not have bought it. So, hats off to you. Nice find.:icon_king:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have bought it. However I am a firm believer that the Parts are worth more than the whole. Have been pretty successful (knock on wood) with that. Good example is I will buy lets say a Simpson Monopoly game. Only things I will list are the tokens. I get more than I paid for for the game. Rest is recycled. Saves on shipping, boxing etc. Yours maybe a little different and not work that way. I have no problems selling individual Dinosaurs if they are something other than the retail plastic kind.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Now to clean it up for five hours and figure out how I'm going to ship it if it sells. Most of them or some of them have the original tags not all of them but it was sitting in somebody's garage so the whole thing needs wiped down. But a similar one sold for $700 which I'm shocked. Just wanted to share. My wife laughed at when I bought it today

And I bet my wife that we could find something at a yard sale today that pay for a weekend vacation for the two of us. At least would pay for a hotel and probably dinner maybe. Depending on how long it took to sell

Simple. If it sells as you hope, YOU get a free vacation weekend, but she has to pay HER way!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady told me it used to be a display inside of a bank 25 years ago. She was the manager and it sat in one of their buildings for 10 years. That bank whatever it was eventually became a Wells Fargo and it was in their storage room and she brought it home. Then it's at her sons room and then in the garage. All of the dinosaurs are glued on there by the company so taking them off probably damage them somehow or another. It's about 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 feet tall. Maybe 15 inches thick.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady told me it used to be a display inside of a bank 25 years ago. She was the manager and it sat in one of their buildings for 10 years. That bank whatever it was eventually became a Wells Fargo and it was in their storage room and she brought it home. Then it's at her sons room and then in the garage. All of the dinosaurs are glued on there by the company so taking them off probably damage them somehow or another. It's about 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 feet tall. Maybe 15 inches thick.

Most certainly do not want to destroy something like that by taking it apart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread