Big Lot of Mixed Sterling! Some are identified, others need help!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up going to some eccentric thrift shops with my cousin over the weekend and ended up finding a real neat spot with stuff crammed into every corner.

I went through most of the jewelry and was able to buy these handful of pieces for a decent price. So far I've identified the matched pair of cufflinks as Thomas Pink, which will go perfect with my Thomas Pink shirts I normally wear out to dinners/family functions. The single cufflinks is a Wallace "Romance of the Sea". These are common enough that I should be able to buy a single on eBay at some point to have a matched set

The Booker T coin was something I've never seen before so I had to buy that as well. I don't think it's worth much but still something neat to have.

The large pendent is a R. Wylie Native American piece but I can't seem to find much on him as a person or place value on the piece. It's approx 2 1/4" tall and 1 3/8" wide

The 2 pieces I cant ID are the kokopelli and the Olsen Nolte piece. The kokopelli figure has a hallmark that reads Sterling and an "oak" leaf beneath it. No other marks

The Olsen nolte boot is from a saddle company in San Francisco that is either a saddle decoration or bolo tie clasp. No idea what the RV stands for and the date of '41 next to it.

If anybody has some info that could shed some light for me, I'd love to hear it

Attachments

• IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2332.JPG
    IMG_2332.JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    482.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    487.4 KB · Views: 80

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking finds bigcaddy! I surfed the Native American jewelry hallmarks website and found this similar mark to the one on your kokopelli pendant, only the leaf is flipped. Unfortunately, the mark is in the 'unidentified' section of their site.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487046075.882283.jpg
http://www.art-amerindien.com/signature_picto-hallmarks.htm

I also found a similar piece to your Olsen-Nolte boot on Worthpoint. They call it a scarf slide or bolo tie and state it was made by R. Schaezlein & Son for Olsen-Nolte. Not sure how they determined the maker as their boot doesn't seem to have any additional maker's marks when compared to yours?
I'd love to give you an idea of value, but I don't have a Worthpoint subscription. I would assume the fact that your boot has initials on it would make it somewhat less desirable, which may hurt the value somewhat.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-sterling-14k-olsen-nolte-251773545

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The booker t Washington half looks to be in excellent condition. You might want to bring it to a coin dealer and see if it's worth getting it slabbed.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking finds bigcaddy! I surfed the Native American jewelry hallmarks website and found this similar mark to the one on your kokopelli pendant, only the leaf is flipped. Unfortunately, the mark is in the 'unidentified' section of their site.
View attachment 1414531
Indian Native American pictograph hallmarks

I also found a similar piece to your Olsen-Nolte boot on Worthpoint. They call it a scarf slide or bolo tie and state it was made by R. Schaezlein & Son for Olsen-Nolte. Not sure how they determined the maker as their boot doesn't seem to have any additional maker's marks when compared to yours?
I'd love to give you an idea of value, but I don't have a Worthpoint subscription. I would assume the fact that your boot has initials on it would make it somewhat less desirable, which may hurt the value somewhat.
Vintage Sterling/14K Olsen-Nolte Cowboy Boot Scarf Slide/Bolo Tie | #251773545

I also found that hallmarks but noticed it wasn't billed to particular maker. Hopefully somebody will know and be able to solve that mystery. The one thing I did notice was that the hallmark was under the inlaid section which seems to fit with that particular pendent.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1414531
http://www.art-amerindien.com/signature_picto-hallmarks.htm

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-sterling-14k-olsen-nolte-251773545

Thank you for sharing this website. It may have been noted before and I didn't notice it but the site is awesome!!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pieces! I'm biased to the SW American Indian jewelry since I lived in N.M.for 4 yrs.
Is it possible that the leaf is an Aspen leaf, instead of an Oak leaf?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread