1910 stick pin, Coro brooch, and a few other pieces.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a little lot of costume jewelry today, from a lady that was helping her friend at her friends's garage sale. She told me that it was her grandmother's, and that she had past away in the mid 70's. She had a mid size jewelry box with what is pictured and other pieces. The ones that I believe to have the most value is that stick pin with the little "diamonds" around it. I looked very carefully, but there is no sign of it being gold. The only writing on it is "pat Oct 18, 1910. The other piece with a little value is going to be the Coro brooch, this is the one with the green stones. I sincerely appreciate everyone's time and feedback. Thank you.

Artslinger j1.jpg J2.jpg j3.jpg j4.jpg j5.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice little lot. I have had poor luck selling stick pins. Hopefully you will do better. Did you check the cufflinks? They can be gold too. I like it, I would have bought it as well. Nice finds. I like the enamel bar pin as well. I love that era of jewelry!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very interesting a lot of jewelry. I actually believe the stick pin with the red Garnet May be the most valuable. From the photo it sure looks like gold to me. I have actually done well selling stick pins. I generally bundle one nice one with three or four not so nice ones and sell them as a lot.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started decorating the back side of the visor in my truck with gold stickpins.

Attachments

• IMG_20170224_112415.jpg
    IMG_20170224_112415.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 83

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lot. Is the last stickpin holding an opal? The bar pin (enamel or porcelain?) is nice, as is the painted Victorian/Edwardian violets brooch. The pressed glass cameo and multistoned bow brooch are Czech. I find that cufflinks, even if rolled gold, are highly sought after. You have a very nice collection.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, thanks to all of you for your time, feedback and insight. This becomes more fun when you know what it is. :-) M Retro, I do believe that the stone is an opal on the pin. The bar pin is porcelain. Thank you again for all of the IDs on the rest. The cufflinks are 10k gold. I started this beautiful hobby/passion with vintage road bikes/ten speeds (high end Italian, English, Japanese, and French). I did that four about four or five years. When I could not find them anymore, life, destiny, and good fortune, took me in the direction of fine art, and I have branch-out to jewelry, high end women purses, and many other antiques and collectibles. I really appreciate this site, but most importantly, the wonderful people that frequent it. :-)

artslinger

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions