U.S. Paper Money Red Book Guide

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Found this 2008 price guide to U.S. paper money for .25 at a pop-up sale this morning. (original price $24.95) Although it's dated it gives a photographic guide to all U.S. paper currency from way, way, back to the present including modern collector value$. Although I don't own a single "historic" dollar this should be an interesting trip through something we're all interested in -------- MONEY.
Now, when I stumble across that tobacco tin of old Confederate currency I wont take a beating when I flip it....8-)
HH
-spyguy

Attachments

• book1.JPG
    book1.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 96
  • book2.JPG
    book2.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 97

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always quickly thumb through every page on books just in case someone slipped a twenty in between the pages. You would have a better chance than me to find something with that book ;)

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is a great find, a good resource to have and you can't beat the price. Good luck!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickup. Don't rely on the prices quoted in it, as they surely have changed (up or down) over the past 9 years. But, you can use it tell if you have something that a collector would consider uncommon or not.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say you paid about the right price. You can use the guide to tell you if a bill has substantial value, then you will have to do more research to see what it is worth now. It's a guidepost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread