Any plane model guys? I could use an opinion. JAL Cargo 747 Plane Model

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend was by far the best I have ever done and I only went to three sales! Im still shocked and expect a drought!

Picked up two 1:200 models of Japanese Airline cargo planes. I had trouble finding the exact one, but then found it at the SFO Aviation Museum.

Both of mine are new and are in the original box. They have never even been put on the stand.

Anyone have any idea on how to value these?

Here is a pic and specs. Also got this Japanese Airline bag that is very long and thin (about 5' long). The only thing I can think it is for is a fishing rod or pool cue. Any ideas?

bill

IMG_20170226_150849.jpg

Aviation Museum & Library ›Collection ›model aircraft: JAL (Japan Airlines...
Aviation Museum & Library Collection

model aircraft: JAL (Japan Airlines) Cargo, Boeing 747-246F
DATE: c. 1980
MEDIUM: wood, paint, plastic
DIMENSIONS: 6 3/4 x 14 x 11 3/4 inches (17.1 x 35.6 x 29.8 cm)
AIRLINE: JAL (Japan Airlines)
AIRCRAFT: Boeing 747
DESCRIPTION: a. JAL (Japan Airlines) Cargo, Boeing 747-246F desktop model aircraft; white fuselage with red and black cheatline; “JAL Cargo Japan Air Lines” on side of fuselage; red crane logo on vertical stabilizer; registration number “JA8123” near rear cabin cargo door; scale 1:200. b. Black base and stand with ball joint support.

IMG_20170226_150744~2.jpg IMG_20170226_150751.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help on the model planes. I wonder if the bag could fit skis?

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes sense....that has to be it! Not sure what I was thinking...I'm obviously not a skier. :)

I don't believe a set of adult skies with bindings will fit in that bag.. possible I suppose. Looks brand new!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searching for 1:200 airplane models, the top of the market is around $300 with some around $200, then on down. That's my experience -- couple hundred bucks -- nice find!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe a set of adult skies with bindings will fit in that bag.. possible I suppose. Looks brand new!

Yeah, at first I was thinking ski bag but even the straight skis that would have been the norm at the time that bag was made would probably not fit unless they had no bindings and were stacked. Cool find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread