Help with Abstract Contemporary Colorful Lithograph

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I spotted this lithograph and was wondering if you would buy it for $35. It is unsigned but looks well made. Not sure if it's professional or just a copy. The edges look a little jagged. Please help if you think it may be by a listed artist or not.

Thank you.

They also have a different piece of art but I think it may be a tourist piece from South America. Thanks again.

20170304_153857.jpg

20170304_153920.jpg

20170304_154153.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak on the first piece but the second piece is what's known as a 'mola' made by the Kuna, the indigenous people of Panama & Colombia. Some can be valuable, but most are produced for the tourist trade. I honestly can't say what makes one more valuable than the next.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would pass on both of them as potential resell pieces. The first, since it is not signed, would be a challenge to sell. The only way to verify if it's a copy or original, is by using a loupe. If you are able to see the "dot matrix pattern (google for pictures)", I would definitely pass. This first appears to be a more modern piece, so if original, it would be signed. Keep a loupe with you at all times. I got lazy a couple of times by forgetting my loupe in my car, and not going back to get it, and ended up buying a print on several occasions. Thankfully, I paid very little, so my pride was the only thing that got hurt. :-)

aartslinger

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

The first one is just a low value print of Henri Matisse’s 1997 work titled “The Cut Outs”.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread