My coolest find ever

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at an estate auction today and bought a couple things. Ended up running out of money (only had $49 cash) and had to put a bit on my card which I have never done. First thing I bought was this box of craftsman and other American tools.
Paid $30. Just one of the ratchets would pay for that if I sold them. My bro needs them for work though.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489870138.829995.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489870150.353528.jpg

Then I bought what has to be my coolest find ever. An original 38 star American flag. It isn't in the best shape but boy do those colors still shine! Only paid $30 for this. I live in Colorado and we were the 38th state in 1876.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489870245.436480.jpg
It is an 8 footer. Couldn't fit it all on the table it is so big! Worth quite a bit of money but this is something that will probably stay in my collection for forever! I'll probably frame it and hang it on my wall when I have my own place.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That flag is a fantastic find! Well done!

Thanks! Wish I could find out where it was hung! From the wear on it it seems like it was hung outside for some time. Oldest it could be is 1877 and newest it could be is 1890 when the new states got added to the flag to form the 43 star flag.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I sorted out the tools. Only 1 is craftsman but they are all but 3 small sockets American made. My bro only wants all the wrenches so I'll keep what I need and should make a hundred or so dollars from them.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful flag. I run into the 48 star flags often but never any that old.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dont mind me asking how do you know when one is real? Great find for sure!

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dont mind me asking how do you know when one is real? Great find for sure!

I've seen some older flags that have been authenticated before that people I know own. Like a 36 star the union used in the civil war. This matches the same type of materials and same pretty much everything I saw on those.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, you could get at least a few grand for that flag, thats amazing! I have a few 48 star flags but nothing older than that. Nice score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread