Timex watches CAN be a good find!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up about a week ago, thought I'd share. MOST of all Timex watches I see are cheap and not worth anything. I had never seen this before, but apparently according to some knowledgeable watch collectors, this was made in 1960 in West Germany. Timex had been selling these for very cheap, just like Timex has always done. They only made them for two years before they stopped because they were losing money, using such a nice quality movement. Anyways I paid $4 for it. They are very rare to find and even more rare to be in this condition! Only thing wrong with mine is that there is some corrosion? on the back side around the movement? Thoughts? There are two that sold on eBay one in bad condition that sold for $10 and one in nice condition that sold for $200 quite a big difference. Here it is!
20170311_184518_resized.jpg 20170311_184902_resized.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find. One of the best movements Timex ever released. I picked up a flying saucer and telephone dial electrics this weekend but unfortunately they did not run. Some of these weird designs carry a lot of value. The 14kt gold ones are the grail piexes

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch, still in good shape. I found one in teh woods few years ago, have to check now but I dont think it's as nice as yours.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very similar W. German Timex, has the date feature though. Still haven't listed it. Just noticed it's upside down in my photo.

attachment.php

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loving that Seiko Bellmatic. Definitely a very collectible watch! That Timex however is pretty common, there are a lot of Timex electrics from Germany listed on eBay. They aren't worth much especially if they don't work because nobody fixes them anymore these days. If it does work then it will probably sell but not for much... If it were in NOS condition then you could expect a nice price.

I once bought a Timex electric West Germany for $15, it didn't work (most don't).... I learned my lesson there lol

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Seiko!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed some Timex watches should not be over looked. Here's my 27 jewel Seiko Bell-Matic. A $5.89 thrift store score it was. The 11 o'clock chapter has fallen out, but it's still there under the crystal stuck in the perimeter of the dial. It runs and rings good. Some day I'll seek out a correct band and get that chapter put back in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20170328_080027.jpg
    IMG_20170328_080027.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 68

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread