Estate Sale Finds: C-3P0 mask, UHF Tube, + Unknown Iron

AlabamaClay

Dec 27, 2004
I got these interesting things at a couple of estate sales this week. The mask has 20th Century Fox Film Corp 1977 and C-3PO embossed in it. It's very heavy rubber - about 1/8" thick. The camera is a Kodak Brownie. I believe the spark plug shaped thing is a UHF transmitting tube from what I have looked up. It's marked GE CL-6942. I don't know what the iron things in the second picture are. The only marking I can find on them is "Standard". Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 129

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The C-3PO mask is very interesting. The fact it is unfinished makes me think it could be a from the movie. Could be an amazing find.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what the iron things in the second picture are. The only marking I can find on them is "Standard". Any ideas?

They have holes in every foot. So I am sure the were mounted with bolts to something to make them sturdy. They also have holes at the top of each arm. So maybe there was a wheel mounted between the two arms. So I think some kind of pulley system. See the pic for what I think it might be.

Attachments

• il_340x270.1144500579_mr0t.jpg
    il_340x270.1144500579_mr0t.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 299

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C-3PO, maybe all the gold paint has worn off from years of use? Looks like a Don Post mask.
Here is the uhf tube thing- https://sites.google.com/site/johne...y-and-special-purpose-tubes-part-2--non-radar TV UHF STATION Transmitter Tube

GE GL-6942 Ceramic UHF Tetrode 1960s (1.2 KW power)

This tube is used as final or pre final RF power amplifier for UHF Television Transmitter. All ceramic and the metal is all silver plated. It stands about 9 inches and weighs about 10 pounds. Similar is geometry to the ceramic lighthouse tube. Each silver ring is an electrical connection and the output plug at the top is a coaxial connection to the next stage or antenna.

And the best piece it looks like may be your bowl of cereal! https://www.etsy.com/listing/219425625/suspended-carton-of-milk-pouring-into-a

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread