• DSCF3010.JPG
    DSCF3010.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 155

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That will be pretty interesting. Hope you find some great pictures on it.

You'll let us know, right ? :)

I'm Hoping

Feb 19, 2017
Ft.Myers, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please give us a view of the prints !!!! You may really have some history rolled up there.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They received it yesterday according to the tracking # , hopefully I'll get it back by the end of next week .

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 20 years ago I bought an old Brownie box camera at a yard sale and it had a used roll of film in it . I got it developed - a bunch of pictures of a fat lady posing in a bathing suit - the guy in the film store was laughing his head off when he showed them to me .

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 20 years ago I bought an old Brownie box camera at a yard sale and it had a used roll of film in it . I got it developed - a bunch of pictures of a fat lady posing in a bathing suit - the guy in the film store was laughing his head off when he showed them to me .

I remember the story from years ago about the guy who bought a bunch of negatives at a garage sale. They turned out to be Ansel Adams work, worth 200 million. So you just never know...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the story from years ago about the guy who bought a bunch of negatives at a garage sale. They turned out to be Ansel Adams work, worth 200 million. So you just never know...

Yes but weren't those glass plates?

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Vivian Meier is closer to what you were thinking. Her body of work was found in a storage unit and her fame didn't appear until many years after her death.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DARKROOM emailed me today about the Film . I had to pay another $8.00 - no problem - paypal . - i guess I filled out the form wrong .

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your recent order with The Darkroom!

Unfortunately, you did not select a developing package on your order form. Please note that developing is required per roll and is how we obtain negatives which are used to create prints, etc.

Also, upon testing your roll we discovered it is actually color film not black and white. We adjusted the difference from black and white prints to color prints and applied to the difference. Please note that this is an updated order and your original check payment is reflected under discount.

Please take a moment to review the attached invoice and remit payment as soon as possible. Once we receive your remaining balance due, we will continue processing your order.

Thank you for choosing The Darkroom and have a wonderful day!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DARKROOM emailed me today about the Film . I had to pay another $8.00 - no problem - paypal . - i guess I filled out the form wrong .

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your recent order with The Darkroom!

Unfortunately, you did not select a developing package on your order form. Please note that developing is required per roll and is how we obtain negatives which are used to create prints, etc.

Also, upon testing your roll we discovered it is actually color film not black and white. We adjusted the difference from black and white prints to color prints and applied to the difference. Please note that this is an updated order and your original check payment is reflected under discount.

Please take a moment to review the attached invoice and remit payment as soon as possible. Once we receive your remaining balance due, we will continue processing your order.

Thank you for choosing The Darkroom and have a wonderful day!

Wow sounds like it's an early color photograph roll. I can't wait to see what you got.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I find it interesting that they now have to explain it...

I guess this generation never used film.

"Please note that developing is required per roll and is how we obtain negatives which are used to create prints, etc."

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Scott,

We realize that this could be something of great sentimental value to you, and likely not get anymore business, please find enclosed a random upcharge because we know we can. LOL.....

Of course I'm with the others on here, I can't wait to see what it is.

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Black and white film will survive pretty well over long periods of time although the fog level increases over time and produces a muddy low contrast image one can still make out the features. Color film on the other hand is very unstable with the cyan color layer being most stable I would therefore predict that if you are developing color film the prints will appear red in color.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Qball, the fog of the old color film may result in no recoverable images. The Darkroom is good for developing, but in this case, I would have recommended Film Rescue, as they specialize in 'found film'.

I'm interested in knowing what film it was. Lots of the old color film developing processes can no longer be done, and trying to cross-process in other color chemicals can result in the latent image not being recovered.

I have done a number of old found films, and what I would ask The Darkroom to do, is to process the negatives as black & white, using either HC-110, Rodinal, or maybe Diafine. Then, do what Film Rescue does, which is scan the B&W images, then re-process the film in best-guess color chemicals, after a bath in potassium ferrocyanide and potassium bromide (I think).

With old color film, the chances of recovering images lessen as time goes by, but with the above method, you would at least have a B&W image.

I have personally processed some old color found film in D-76, which isn't the best choice, but had reasonable results. Oldest roll was circa 1954 (vehicle license registration sticker gave the date), and the oldest B&W roll I've ever done was from about the 30's, based on clothing styles.

Let us know how it things develop (pun intended), but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much if it was very early color.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked closer at the roll. Looks like Agfa/Ansco (Anscochrome maybe?). The chemicals for that process are long gone, as they stopped making Anscochrome in the early 70's. Should be interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread