Star sales in Burbank.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out to Burbank for the Garage sales. One of the first sales we hit, the guy running the sale seems rather familiar. I hit on a really cool coffee press with matching creamer and sugar pot and spoon. They want $10, total for all three on Amazon is well over $100, so that's a good sale. The guy's son won't come down a cent, but good enough. Then it hits me, the guy running the sale, Mike Farrell, From MASH. I love Burbank, I usually pick up interesting things, and so many people work in the industry, you never know who you'll see or what you'll get.

Nice Sony boombox with Ipod mount. Nice mint condition, but no box. They want $3, I could mail it in to Amazon for $50 of credit. I decide to try to sell it first for $80.

Another sale, I get 4 books worth $10 to $15 each on Amazon, I pay $1 each, then I see the box to a flip camera. NICE New one. HD... Box is Empty. I ask the people running the show, They run into the house, come out 10 seconds later with the camera. They want $10, I offer $6 (I like to pay in $2 bills). Sold. I throw it up on amazon for $83. it's sold before I get home.

I've been having a slow few weeks. Today in Burbank ROCKED!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding_big.gif

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I love the idea of paying with $2 bills. It's a great way for people to lower their price.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. I love the idea of paying with $2 bills. It's a great way for people to lower their price.

If they want $5, I pull out a $2 and say, "Thomas Jefferson thinks I should pay $2." Doesn't work every time, but more often than you want to know...

I used to give them to my kids to pay for lunch at school ($3 for lunch, $1 for after school snack at day care). My daughter would sell hers to he friends for $3 each. I started charging her a Commission of $.50 per sale. I needed my share of the profits...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions