Post Baseball Cards Nintendo Lot & Need Help With Toy ID

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Drove almost an hour each way yesterday to an estate sale because there was supposed to be sterling & the guy that runs it generally under prices flatware. As I walked inside I asked where the sterling was & the guy pointed me in the right direction. I was very disappointed to see just a few over priced pieces. Walked around the rest of the first floor & couldn't find a thing worth buying. Headed upstairs & things got considerably better.

First thing I saw was a gallon zip lock bag of baseball cards printed on cheap cardboard. I didn't have a clue but threw them in my bag anyway. Then I spotted a bunch of Nintendo stuff. The first lot had an original console, a few games, & what I thought was a super nintendo system that turned out to be an empty box. I turned around & spotted more on the opposite side of the room. Picked up another lot that had around 40 games with about half in original boxes. Right next to that was a power glove in the original box. I also picked up a few baggies with toys from the 80's. Found a box of jewelry in ziplock bags in a closet & scored a few pieces of sterling plus a bone or ivory elephant pendant with a 14k bail. Paid $73 for everything.

When I got home I looked up the baseball cards. Turns out they were from 1962 Post cereal boxes & there were 28 sheets plus 2 with football cards. Pics are of 2 random sheets. I'm stumped on what these toys are. Obviously weapons but no idea what they might go to. The ones that look white are actually chrome. Any hep would be appreciated.

005.JPG 11684.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the Nintendo stuff? From the way it sounds, you did very good. Anything NES sells very well - even more so if in original boxes.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably wrong, but the toys remind me of K'nex. Search Google images for k'nex robot army and see if any of them match. Possibly lego as well, but I think most lego weapons are customs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I didn't include pictures of the Nintendo stuff because it's not that unusual and it's easy to get sale prices from eBay. Looks like the baseball cards can go for a decent amount when they are in uncut sheets. Will be listing 3 auctions of individual sheets this afternoon. The rest of the toys were from the 80's (& a few 90's) so I'm assuming the weapons are from that time period. Will check k'nex & lego anyway.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weapons, at least some of them, are from vintage transformers. Look up the cassette tape transformers.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The weapons, at least some of them, are from vintage transformers. Look up the cassette tape transformers.

When I posted I didn't know it at the time but got a couple of small transformers in the same lot. When I looked them up I saw some of the weapons. Came here immediately to post & you beat me to it. I'm going to take some good photos & sell everything as a lot.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you got the empty system box as well ... even empty, it would likely sell if in good condition. And 40 games with some in the box. You did VERY well. It also may be worth your time to look up the weapons individually, some of the vintage weapons sell very well if you have the time to split. Many people have their transformer from the 80's but lost the weapons years ago.

Good luck on selling ... great find!

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Oh ... and here's a good place to find more info on the parts. Search by color and type (gun/part type, etc). Ignore the Series.

Identify Transformers Toys and Parts from G1 through today

Looked up Orange and Gun and easily found the two orange guns. Again, good luck.

Appreciate the info & the resource. I listed the lot Sunday & have a bid with several watchers. I'll be letting someone else piece it out. Have a lot of family issues right now and am limited on time. My basement is getting a lot fuller than I like....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread