silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I've come across a decent amount of straight razors with many having the original box. However, I think this one is pretty special. Curious to get your thought and idea of age/value.

Maker: Lecoultre - Switzerland
- sterling silver handle (This is first one I've come across with a sterling handle)
- comes with 2 blades and tool for changing blade

IMG_20170422_154752.jpg IMG_20170422_154814.jpg
IMG_20170422_154853.jpg IMG_20170422_154906.jpg
IMG_20170422_154924.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely looks like a luxury piece in its day. Do you wonder if this Lecoultre is related to the Jaeger-Lecoultre watch company?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow never seen a razor that fancy, nice find!

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I did more research. The link below has the same exact scales. It says it is a 1902 Decklmen Bros., England razor, but I think think that is the blade and not the scales.
Sterling Silver Straight Razor

The scales are marked F&B with a flag which is Foster and Bailey or Theodore W. Foster and Bro. Looks like they were made in Providence, RI.
American Silver Marks F2 - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks

American Silver Marks F2 - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's beautiful! I'm confused tho. A French maker, with Switzerland on the blade, and your research points to England and Rhode Island...as makers of...? different parts?

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's beautiful! I'm confused tho. A French maker, with Switzerland on the blade, and your research points to England and Rhode Island...as makers of...? different parts?

Hey BagLady....the razor blade was made in Switzerland. The scales (handles) were made in Rhode Island. Seems it was pretty common that the two parts came from different manufactures.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember that scene in "The African Queen" where Humphrey Bogart is shaving in the reflection of his boat's boiler with a straight razor? That's what I always think of when I consider using one. :laughing7:

That's a pretty slick razor. Congrats.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the only one I could find but unfortunately no pics.

Screenshot (258).png

Pegasus1328

Aug 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Sir

I am a writer based in Hong Kong and am preparing an article about razor made by LeCoultre. I do have one myself bit it is a frame-back plain one, unless yours with great decors and the original box and replacable blades. I wonder if you may send me some relatively high resolution pictures so I may use in my article?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread