My best watch find... MINTY

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in shock from it. First chronograph I've ever found. I've been holding onto this for a couple months . I want to wear it. But it's probably better off that I don't.

I may have been the first person to ever touch this watch without gloves. Seiko Chronograph. Original from 1984. from aliens movie. It's not a repop. 100% original. Has the sticker on the back. And not a spot on it. No box, but definitely MINTY!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493181388.239126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493181413.340011.jpg

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing watch, looks like it was worn only a couple of times. This was part of the Alien's collection however not the one worn in the movie! Great find, is it running? If not make sure to get the battery out asap if there is one in there.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! It really is a nice looking watch IMO. Prices are really high on eBay but only one has sold for $300... Weird, I'd have no idea what this would actually sell for! Make sure the functions are working well. I had a Seiko chronograph awhile back and I put a new battery in it. Everything was working fine for a couple days and the darn thing stopped working, however the functions still worked lol..... Just didn't keep time anymore

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My watch guy said leave it at $1500 bin. Said the thing is brand new. Way nicer then the sold ones or the ones listed. Who knows if it will sell for that. But the owner wanted $25 for it along with a fake brentling. $25 each that is. I didn't know what i was buying. It was a gamble for me that's for sure. So I was going to leave it at a high bin then .99 auction it after a couple weeks. Lol.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Was wrong, I guess some guy in the movie did actually wear this, no idea who he is though lol. That'd be crazy if you got $1500 but go for it and see if anyone makes an offer!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the model number in the 5 or 7 o'clock position?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the owner wanted $25 for it along with a fake brentling. $25 each that is.

I was at a Korean church yard sale and this guy had a Breitling 1884. He wanted $5 for it and would not even come down a dollar. He is tighter than I am with the $$. I had never heard of one before and it looked brand new. Got home and saw they were going for $5000 then did some research. I got a very nice $5 fake. It has a nice weight to it, I opened the back and there is a half ounce brass slug to give it that weight.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a Korean church yard sale and this guy had a Breitling 1884. He wanted $5 for it and would not even come down a dollar. He is tighter than I am with the $$. I had never heard of one before and it looked brand new. Got home and saw they were going for $5000 then did some research. I got a very nice $5 fake. It has a nice weight to it, I opened the back and there is a half ounce brass slug to give it that weight.

That's a bummer. The one this guy had was probably an ounce. And it was a Bentley one. Except for it was spelled
Benly. Missing the T! Lol.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

That's a bummer. The one this guy had was probably an ounce. And it was a Bentley one. Except for it was spelled
Benly. Missing the T! Lol.

You might want to check out what some fake Breitling Watches go for! I have seen them and fake Rolex Watches go for on average from $100 to $250 but some even higher. It depends on what Model they tried to fake and how good the fake really is! I would definitely bite on a $5 fake Breitling and probably would on a $25 fake one if it was a good fake of a really high end Model.

Frank

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check out what some fake Breitling Watches go for! I have seen them and fake Rolex Watches go for on average from $100 to $250 but some even higher. It depends on what Model they tried to fake and how good the fake really is! I would definitely bite on a $5 fake Breitling and probably would on a $25 fake one if it was a good fake of a really high end Model.

Frank

Where do you sell them at?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank

I picked up a junk Rolex had nice weight and an automatic movement with hacking feature. It wouldn't surprise me if it was an close copy of a real Rolex. Not a cheap movement by any means and would've been valuable if the case wasn't destroyed. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493855487.195517.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493855500.179677.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a fake Cartier, omega and Rolex. They all went in the trash. Heck with them. I can't sleep ripping someone off on purpose. Someone may pay $$ for them. I'll make my $$ on something else.

If someone can sell them, good. Not trying to be rude though. But.... I throw them out. Along with magnetic sterling silver jewelry.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do they say ok to sell or do they just not enforce the rules?
I thought ETSY was just crafts or craft supplies.

It was just a pun, but you can find all kinds of stuff on Etsy. Jewelry, antiques, art, collectibles, and etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread