Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a high school yard sale, hoping to find furniture for my new house, but managed to score some other cool things. I looked at some bottles and noticed a beautiful Moxie bottle among the decorative stuff, from 1938, no price but I offered a dollar and got it. That is my second old Moxie bottle, my oldest one is a circa 1900 huge one that I dug in a 1890-1910 trash pile. I then noticed a huge leather laptop case. It was very heavy to lift, and had a sticker marked $5 on it. Inside was a 1987 Toshiba T1200 and 1992 Toshiba Satellite T1900 with all the cables and cords, even a computer mouse. The computers were in pristine condition. 8 years ago or so I collected vintage computers until I ran out of space, the T1200 was one that I never got (or any early laptop). The T1200's screen is slow to light up, taking around half an hour for it to be bright. I don't have the OS floppy disk though, so I can't use it. Unfortunately, T1900 has not been able to boot up, though the light turns on. I went to the supermarket after, finding a 1957 silver dime in the coin star, and my teller friends at the bank next door set aside a beautiful proof 2002 Sacajawea Dollar and 1979s SBA dollar.

Vintage Toshiba T1200 Laptop, power supply, MS-Dos discs, Books, Bag - For Parts | eBay

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The satellite power supply alone sells for $30 on ebay, the computer only for $20 sold though.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across some old large floppy disc computer games still in boxes with instructions the other day...don't have a clue what to do with them so they just sit until I figure it out.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting you mention this. Yesterday I found what appears to be a new-in-box Timex Sinclair 1000 Personal Computer from 1982. Must have been the weekend of old technology.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting you mention this. Yesterday I found what appears to be a new-in-box Timex Sinclair 1000 Personal Computer from 1982. Must have been the weekend of old technology.

I got one free for attending a timeshare pitch. I think that was in '83.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice! I think I have one up in the attic, no box though. I found a key from an Atari 800 while metal detecting a couple years ago, probably one of my most interesting finds, it was next to the soccer field of a mid-2000s school.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one free for attending a timeshare pitch. I think that was in '83.

Haha, nice. Had to be '82 or '83. They were released in '82 and discontinued in
'83.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I think I have one up in the attic, no box though. I found a key from an Atari 800 while metal detecting a couple years ago, probably one of my most interesting finds, it was next to the soccer field of a mid-2000s school.
I gotta hook this thing up and see if it still works after all these years. Fingers crossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions