ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked these up today!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494387027.451780.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494387039.857892.jpg

The orange one is 26 inches tall and 50 pounds and the purple one is 40.5 inches tall and 73.3 pounds!
I hope to make a very nice profit on these!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shocked when i opened the pics!!! That first one is amazing! Where in the world did you find these? Also how much is something like that worth?

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shocked when i opened the pics!!! That first one is amazing! Where in the world did you find these? Also how much is something like that worth?

I live in Colorado, a short ways from Boulder. People down there are crazy and buy weird stuff which I end up buying from them for crazy low prices. It is just the way I roll.

I picked these huge geodes up for only $150. The couple I bought them from originally paid $500 each for them and that was pretty cheap. The purple amethyst one is worth ~$600-$1500 depending on the buyer and the orange citrine one is worth $500-$1000 depending on the buyer. I think the orange one will be towards the middle to higher of that range because of he symmetry and the purple one will be closer to $600-$800 because of the white inclusions in it, although it is unusually tall for one of these, which bumps price up.

If someone offers me $1000 for both I will take it though. Would leave them room to make money and will let me buy the pistol I'm saving for.

Hope this helped!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Colorado, a short ways from Boulder. People down there are crazy and buy weird stuff which I end up buying from them for crazy low prices. It is just the way I roll.

I picked these huge geodes up for only $150. The couple I bought them from originally paid $500 each for them and that was pretty cheap. The purple amethyst one is worth ~$600-$1500 depending on the buyer and the orange citrine one is worth $500-$1000 depending on the buyer. I think the orange one will be towards the middle to higher of that range because of he symmetry and the purple one will be closer to $600-$800 because of the white inclusions in it, although it is unusually tall for one of these, which bumps price up.

If someone offers me $1000 for both I will take it though. Would leave them room to make money and will let me buy the pistol I'm saving for.

Hope this helped!

Just don't let the prospective buyers know what you plan on doing with the funds! Might give them a stroke

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG!!! I'd have to keep the amethyst and make my profit on the Citrine. Marvelous picks. I will find one at a thrift store some day.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!! I'd have to keep the amethyst and make my profit on the Citrine. Marvelous picks. I will find one at a thrift store some day.

I'm at least going to sell the amethyst. Orange is my favorite color so I may keep that one. Who knows. Maybe someone will buy both of them tomorrow for cash!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember seeing some big one's like that in Wall, SD of all places, and yes it had it high sticker price. 2 beauties:icon_thumright:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've got an amethyst one that's about 16" tall. My younger brother used to be in the rock business full time several years ago & still goes to Tuscon every spring for the big show. I got it from him when he had a shop. He told me that he was buying the small broken chunks (up to 5" or 6" square) for about $1/lb. The complete ones he was paying $3/lb. Of course that was quite a few years ago but even then the larger ones were selling retail for $8-15/lb.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case ya'll are wondering I am meeting a guy in less than an hour to sell both of them for $1k total! This makes it the most profitable 4 days of my life (excluding the car crash I was in). Sold the huge brass bell, old clock, and now these! I'm loving summer!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds! Not a cheap pick but a great price!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer flip. I'll have to add "geode" to my searches... Thanks for the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread