Do you think this is Na Hoku?? Beautiful piece!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought this today for $1300, along with two other Na Hoku gambling chip pendants and a pair of earrings. This is by far the best piece in the lot. Real peals, real diamonds, real opal (I believe), Na Hoku box and bag, Solid 14k (maybe 18K) gold.

It came in the Na Hoku box and looks and feels like a great piece, but I can't find any markings on it. The guy I got it from said he saw the crown with an s mark on it somewhere, but couldn't find it again.

Do you think this is a Na Hoku piece? What should I start the auction at? Any help appreciated as always.

Ryan

IMG_1966.JPG IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1968.JPG IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1970.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks amazing. Personally I've never heard of it. But some of the sale prices are crazy. I definitely will have to keep an eye out for that. Unfortunately I don't know what the hallmarks look like either so I'm not much of a help

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think it should have a hallmark somewhere for sure... Here is an example of their hallmark! Only way to tell is to have it appraised, may also help with selling. Pearls can sometimes be a hard sell especially without a hallmark. I have an unmarked strand of 98 akoya pearls valued at $3000 appraisal and my jeweler told me not to be surprised if I get a little more than $500! Anyways that clasp is amazing, good luck!
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
You paid $1300 for an unmarked piece!!! Your "pearls" are bigger than mine. LOL But, seriously, I hope it works out for you, good luck with it.

T.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Clad on this. Unmarked pieces are always suspect and hard to sell at full value. Good luck.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I can't find any markings on it. The guy I got it from said he saw the crown with an s mark on it somewhere, but couldn't find it again.
jewelers love to hide markings. you would be surprised where I have found markings. keep looking at every square MM. Here are some photos of where hallmarks have been by the maker. Photos are from my book Stop for Gold.

Attachments

• PIC-11E.jpg
    PIC-11E.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 52
  • PIC-11D.jpg
    PIC-11D.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 164
  • PIC-11C.jpg
    PIC-11C.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 59
  • PIC-11B.jpg
    PIC-11B.jpg