My Picks Today.....Spent $18.50

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
20170609_163704.jpg 20170609_163819.jpg 20170609_163835.jpg

Apparently, I have figured out how to post pics from this cellphone. You guys are in trouble now. LOL This was all from one yard sale this morning. I did pick up a few other things, ammo can, axe head and wedge, at a 2nd sale, but I will probably keep those. The Mail Pouch thermometer was the first thing I picked up, the lady running the sale said she wanted $8 for it. I said sale. I then picked up the drunk on the lamp post cast iron souvenier from Camden, Maine to look at it and she said, "That is a quarter.", so I took that and when I picked up the advertising piece match dispenser, she said, "That is a quarter, too.". How could I go wrong? Then I went through the jewelry and picked out these sterling pieces. 4 are marked taxco and numbered. The brooch with the lightning Goddess Niello on it is marked Siam. It must have some age. I got those pieces for $10 and there is over 50 grams of sterling alone in the lot. I will probably put the sterling in a lot and try and sell them as one on the bay. The drunk ash tray seems to go for $12-15 on eBay, but I may wimp out and just put it back on my own end of the year yd sale for a couple of bucks. I have not looked up the match dispenser. Possibly someone from that area would be interested in it if I listed it. Thank you everyone for looking. I did find a similar condition thermometer, weathered and all, sold recently on eBay for $137.50. I am thinking I will be alright on this lot. LOL

T.

Attachments

• 20170609_163859.jpg
    20170609_163859.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Just an update, listed the Mail Pouch thermometer just after noon. By 2 p.m. I had an offer of $75 plus shipping and accepted it. Went for the fast nickel again. LOL

T.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the guys on American pickers pick up stuff like that every time. Great flip

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch of advertising thermometers - but I dont have that one. I wouldve been all over that one, nice score at $8.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I wish I could find the stuff they do. I have been told, a couple of times actually, by people I am picking, that I remind them of Mike Wolfe. I am ok with that, he seems to treat people better and Frank Fritz is just a cheap S.O.B. and I think he is happy screwing people. Just last night my wife mentioned I haven't been watching that show anymore and I told her Frank had ruined it for me. Maybe others will disagree, but that is my honest take on things. Mike is always telling people, I can do a little better on that, or you are light on what you are asking. I appreciate that and if I am at a serious pick, stuff is being brought out for me and questions asked, I will do so and am always honest with people. They know you are reselling, and expect you to make some money, being fair just brings you more business when they tell their friends. OK, off the soap box now, sorry.

T.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread