Presented by Theadore Roosevelt! Order of the Eastern Star GOLD & DIAMONDS!

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so here is the skinny. I have been going to estate sales and auctions for years now and I usually by large lots of junk costume jewelry and sit for hours picking out the small pieces of gold and silver jewelry that has been lost among the junk.
So for about a year and a half now I have been trying to do my due diligence on finding out the possible value on a item I purchased in a mixed box of items at an estate sale a while back. In a box with over six pounds of costume jewelry I found numerous gold items including this one. I have asked jewelers and other experts regarding this item and to no avail i have come up empty handed.
It is a 14K white gold pendant encrusted in high quality round diamonds that used to be a broach. It is an Order of the Eastern Star pendant which is not all that exciting. Here is the part that I am curious about. On the back it has been engraved and the engraving time period is that of the era and is as follows. " Presented to Pastworthy Matron Lemira W. Grambs "By Theodore Roosevelt chapt. no 273 O.E.S March 14th 1941" any info on this would be helpful.
I took it to a jeweler and he was honest in telling me he didn't feel right offering me any price for it until I could find out if there is any historical significance to it. I have called the OES and there phone seems to ring off the hook with no answering machine. I have checked the chapter number and have found that no 273 is in multiple different states. I really would just like to know if this was presented by Roosevelt and if it has value other than the gold and diamonds. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    889.4 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    922.4 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    883 KB · Views: 171

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like Rod said, not given out by him but by the Theodore Roosevelt Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star

OP
OP
Carson Coin Master

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makes sense. I kept thinking Franklin D. Roosevelt for some reason. you are right though he died in 1919 not sure why I thought that. BRAIN FART!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions