So I found a Rado watch... Is it real?

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So honestly I don't know a thing when it comes to watches. I usually just buy anything that says swiss, wait until I have 4-5, and list them up at a lot auction. I never pay more than 50 cents each so it's a small risk that has been a decent return for me time after time. Anyways, I picked this up over the weekend. I think it might a fake, or could be real but worthless. That's why I've come to the experts here at tnet.
4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

I'm usually pretty good at doing my own research on items... This was has me stumped though!
Edit: It says Swiss made on the back but Philippines on the movement.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you answered your own question. Rado isn't made in the PI.

OP
OP
B

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you answered your own question. Rado isn't made in the PI.

I reckon I did! Oh well. I've already made over $100 profit from that sale so this is just a wash.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens. Lots of fake Movado watches are out there. I was in an esstate sale couple weeks ago and they sold an obvious fake for $70 to a guy.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once saw a Tag Heuer marked Japan on the dial, they wanted $120 and it was gone the next day with no return policy.... Gotta be careful, the fakes these days are soooo good. However, I will say that people do buy really good fake watches at pretty good prices these days. One jewelry store I go to had a fake Rolex for $200 and labeled it "Replica" sold within a week for $180.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So honestly I don't know a thing when it comes to watches. I usually just buy anything that says swiss, wait until I have 4-5, and list them up at a lot auction. I never pay more than 50 cents each so it's a small risk that has been a decent return for me time after time. Anyways, I picked this up over the weekend. I think it might a fake, or could be real but worthless. That's why I've come to the experts here at tnet.
View attachment 1465984 View attachment 1465985 View attachment 1465986 View attachment 1465987

I'm usually pretty good at doing my own research on items... This was has me stumped though!
Edit: It says Swiss made on the back but Philippines on the movement.

A watch tutorial for anyone that is interested. Look at the quality of this watch. See how the band pins are exposed and weak? See the finish on the casebook? See the tension clasp on the band Looking like a $3 Spiedel? (because it is) Train your eye. Here is the rule of watch collecting thumb. Expensive watches are expensive because they are quality, quality, quality. They are perfect. If there is anything that looks slightly not perfect or quality, IT IS A FAKE. That said there are Rolexs that are sooo Good you have to open them up to tell. But if anything is off to the naked eye or even under a loop, walk away. If you see a Quality Rolex for $200 It is 99.9% Fake. Almost everyone on the planet knows what a Rolex is and that it is Expensive. But if it really looks that good, Open it or have a jeweler open it. The movement will then give it away. Someone here said that they listed a Rolex as a replica and it Sold for 180.00? Good fakes still bring good money (Not $$$THousands) but a few hundred). Make sure that they are Quality Fakes if you even entertain the thought. I personally Walk right away from anything Counterfeit. The Scum that makes it uses the proceeds to fund terrorism. True Story.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, the jewelry store I go to sold it not me! I don't mess with that, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to knowingly sell a fake watch but oh well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread