Goodwill goodie!

Gizmo1211

Jun 20, 2017
Phoenix Az ( don't believe the "it's a dry heat" b
Detector(s) used
Still looking! Will update. Newbie to all.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 981

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet Great find still lots of stuff to find at places like that, Thanks for sharing it!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Hope you find more Goodwill goodies.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
applaud_01.gif
t_l.gif

..: GREAT LOOKING POWDER FLASK Gizmo :..
Thanks for sharing!
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Today's Finds! over to Garage Sale Finds! for more exposure :..​

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
applaud_01.gif
t_l.gif

..: GREAT LOOKING POWDER FLASK Gizmo :..
Thanks for sharing!
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Today's Finds! over to Garage Sale Finds! for more exposure :..​

We also have thrift store finds for stuff like this.

Good find on the powder flask! Wish we could get that stuff out here!

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
I never find anything valuable at GW. Since the trends of TV pickers and whatnot they seem to have wised up. They've also re branded within the last few years adding "goodwill boutique" and "goodwill rare" which specialize in certain kinds of items and the days of walking into a thrift store with a whole lot of unlabeled misc items may be behind us..at least in my area. I've never found any silver or anything remotely valuable there.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats on an unbelievable find and at a GW!!!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I've not found anything remotely good at our Local Goodwill. I've pretty much decided that it is not worth my time to even go in any more.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never find anything valuable at GW. Since the trends of TV pickers and whatnot they seem to have wised up. They've also re branded within the last few years adding "goodwill boutique" and "goodwill rare" which specialize in certain kinds of items and the days of walking into a thrift store with a whole lot of unlabeled misc items may be behind us..at least in my area. I've never found any silver or anything remotely valuable there.

I've not found anything remotely good at our Local Goodwill. I've pretty much decided that it is not worth my time to even go in any more.

Same. Not worth the gas or effort - been in there a thousand times, so not for lack of trying. Id have better odds of scoring a clearance item to flip at walmart.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years, Goodwill has always been the worst thrift to find anything good. I went to my local the other day to find a cheap landline phone (which I did), I spent close to an hour searching the entire store for anything worth flipping. Nothing other than a low dollar West Bend popcorn popper that I may have been able to sell for $15-$20. I didn't even bother after looking it up. Not even a good vintage piece of clothing to be found. This is a "superstore" too.

Nice find on the CW flask. Wouldn't happen around here, not even on a good day.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't really gripe too much. I'm constantly finding $60 or $70 books for $2. I do a lot better at the local thrifts. I always ask at the thrifts if they give an old farts or military discount. Started out as a joke, but most do! I'm close to several antique stores and a mall, I think they got an IN with the GWs by me.

OP
OP
G

Gizmo1211

Jun 20, 2017
Phoenix Az ( don't believe the "it's a dry heat" b
Detector(s) used
Still looking! Will update. Newbie to all.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all...The Good Will near my house (1 of them is huge) in an area where people purge their stuff or parents without a thought. On half price day I learned a couple of things. A lot of people are there for what they need..clothes furniture whatever. Also it's a mad rush when doors open. I however kept noticing new things everytime I turned around. Found out from a clerk they restock constantly. Also, because it takes in sooooo much, the workers can often miss something of value easily.
But, I stay away from jewelery cabinet, they check that stuff). Also most workers there are young..if it's ugly they think it's nothing, or just don't know.
Yesterday I went to a smaller one, while very, very organized, I quickly noticed higher pricing, and could tell, they knew what they had. However, I did glance in a case, saw a humungous hunting skinning knife for 20.00. Left it, figured if it's still there Sat. 1/2 price it's meant to be. While expensive new, I could easily flip it on offer up for about 50? On "offer up". Put it towards my metal detector!
So, big Goodwill's with big donations, things can slip past. And I learned people trying to find that treasure will hit as many in a day they can, not realizing the fast restocking. I found this piece after about 3 hours in late afternoon.
Listen to me, now I am trying to sound like an expert ha! I think my friends fear this is my new job now! Teaching doesn't isn't as fun. Summer almost done, they are praying I go back.
Thanks for the info too on thrift store finds. Saw that after I posted! Catching on though.
Karen

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Goodwill near my home doesn't have too many customers but there is always a liine for the donation drop off. I don't know what they do will all their good stuff, but it is not put in the store. You can barely find anything there that is worth selling at a yard sale.:icon_king:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Goodwill near my home doesn't have too many customers but there is always a liine for the donation drop off. I don't know what they do will all their good stuff, but it is not put in the store. You can barely find anything there that is worth selling at a yard sale.:icon_king:

All their good stuff goes to auction, and the rest of the yard sale crap goes on the shelves with a ridiculous amount on the price tag.

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweetheart find!!

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find! Here's my Civil War era Goodwill flask...gotcha beat though...95 cents.
flask.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread