That thing is a Featherweight

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
A long time ago, My ex wife (well, she was my wife at the time), told me to find her a Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine. About 8 years after she asked, I found her one, a bit beaten up, for $100. I got it for her for her birthday (her first birthday after we separated... I know. I'm like that. I figure it costs me about $500 a year to keep her a happy ex wife, and since we have shared custody, that's a pretty good deal).

Anyhow, 3 weeks ago, I was running the local sales, and at 630 am, at a Garage Sale starting at 7, I see a Featherweight. Beautiful. Perfect condition. Plug it in, works like a dream. Not a scratch on it. The rubber feet have no rubbing on them. The owner said her mother had it since she was born, and she never saw it used. The serial number shows it from 1955. Paid all of $35. Should be worth an EASY $300. Could be as much as $500... Love those. days.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find...I have sold a few over the years. The most i ever got was 350 for a white one.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Great find. I've bought a few over the last 5 years. I think the best one was from their centennial year. Paid $50 for it & the portable card table that came with it. Sold the table locally for $75 and the machine on eBay for over $325(can't remember exactly). I found it at an estate sale. It wasn't priced so I asked the helper in the room how much. He was telling me I could have it for $50 when a woman I know walks into the room.....& immediately started babbling about that being a steal. Fortunately I got her to shut up before the guy realized what she was saying.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a contact who will buy all the Featherweights I can find. Said he will pay premium for a White one.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, I found a real nice one with its carrying case at a yard sale not too long ago. They are excellent little machines - so im keeping the one I found.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
The big draw on this one is the condition. It is so close to being perfect... A few marks and scratches... VERY few... They are old machines and getting one this close to perfect is tough. Most people who got them used them a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions