First estate sale in quite a while, found silver sprinkled all over the place...

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So for the last few months I have been attempting to move away from reselling full time and towards something more regular (aka something that will allow treasure hunting to be a fun & profitable hobby instead of an exhausting slog). I've been describing it thusly: what I want is to hit a lever and have a peanut come out every time, not hit the lever 100x and hope that one of those times 100 peanuts come out. Anyhow, I haven't been making it out to buy much, mostly due to lack of interest, and decided to hit a promising sale this morning. I wasn't able to get there very early but managed a decent day despite being #62 allowed entry when all was said & done lol. 126 grams of sterling not counting the scrap coaster, a nice silver-plated Christofle wine bottle basket caddy and a nice chunky silver-plated Christmas bell pomander. Paid $24 for everything. My favorite piece is the 100% ridiculous CZ & marcasite cocktail(?) ring. I almost passed it up because I was sure it was rhinestone & pot metal junk lol, was very surprised to flip it over and see the build quality.

Edit to add that I say silver was sprinkled all over because the jewelry & spoons were found in the jewelry area, the matching barbell keyrings were in a basket of keychains in the master bath, the coaster was in a hall closet full of silver plate & pewter and the ornaments were stuck in a craft room corner.
20170706_204038-01.jpeg 20170706_203907-01.jpeg 20170706_204335-01.jpeg 20170706_204551-01.jpeg

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good run. Sales around here have been garbage, almost to the point I dont want to bother going and wasting the time and gas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread